1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyrone Crawford could start at DT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys | Tyrone Crawford could start at DT
    Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:10:48 -0800

Dallas Cowboys DE Tyrone Crawford could start at defensive tackle in the team's new 4-3 defensive alignment.

Share: | Source: ESPNDallas.com - Calvin Watkins

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl/dallas-cowboys#ixzz2JhMc00vB
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,558 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Thanks for the breaking news, Calvin. I didn't click the link, but did it end with 'and then again, he could not.'?
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Calvin little late to the party again.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    To be fair, Watkins wasn't reporting on this. He just had a throw away line in a blog post about 4-3 personnel.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb.../rushing-four-defenders-will-help-the-cowboys

KFFL, as usual, just took a random sentence from another source, reports it as news, then links back to the "source". Then Gryphon comes here and posts it as news, linking only to KFFL.

I wish there was a way I could block from seeing any thread started by Gryphon. He's just a spammer.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,822 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Don't mince words, Theo.

Tell us how you really feel? :D
  6. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thank you for your comments Theogt. There is an ignore button....
  7. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I wonder if he would still need to gain weight or play as is. The player he was in college, with all of the high motor and right-kind-of-guyness, was lighter than he is. Maybe his muscle mass and strength is improved now but I wonder if he will need to gain overall body mass and what that will do to the acceleration and dexterity that we saw in college?
  8. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,742 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Something tells me our DL will be

Ware - Ratliff - Crawford - Hatcher
  9. Idgit

29,558 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    I know theogt has made intimations to that effect before, Gryphon. I don't see it at all. Not every thread started is a gem, but I much prefer to have discussion topics for people to talk about, and almost everything you bring is a departure from the mind numbing "I hate Jerry and Jason can't coach" drumbeat that affects so many other threads.
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,452 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I still see Crawford as a pretty good DE in our 4-3, especially if we can somehow sign Melton as a DT
  11. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I don't think Hatcher starts at DE and Crawford at 3T. I think they would switch that. That way, you have guys in their most effective spots (Crawford is a natural LE - he was excellent in this role in college).
  12. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    The mods even changed the caption under his name because of his posting habits. But, by all means, be diplomatic for the sake of being diplomatic.

Oh, and this thread title should have been changed a long time ago. It's misleading at best. But I guess since you have to go through 2-4 clicks to actually get to the source material, no one else has noticed.
  13. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thank you for your comments Theogt. Again there is an ignore button...
  14. Idgit

29,558 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    I'm not being diplomatic. Merge Ahead is funny, though.

You can dislike him all you want. I won't even upbraid you for telling me to edit the thread title. How's that for diplomacy?
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,958 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Hatcher right now is the better pass rusher, and he also excelled at DE in college.

I don't know if either has the overall quickness to do it as 4-3 end in the NFL, though, but they are our best bets if we don't re-sign Spencer. I expect one to emerge as at least a backup, especially when we want to go heavier on the line to stop the run.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,633 Messages
    3,355 Likes Received
    Crawford can play DE or DT assuming its the 3 technique. That's the topic.
  17. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,681 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    [IMG]

/reality
  18. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    The threads still show up, though. That's what I was referencing.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,047 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Free agency and the draft are coming up right. I'm sure things could change between now and September.
  20. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

189 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    My hope is Ware(255) - Hatcher(305) - Ratliff(303) - Crawford(285)

Ware obv is the rush end Crawford is better built for the 5tech anchor RIGHT NOW and he can be the future. Hatcher and Ratliff are 31 and 32, but Lissemore is waiting in the wings. Ratliff has a hard time playing above 285-290. Only reason he did this year is because he barely played, so I like him at 3tech. Hatcher can maintain size better and can even gain, so I prefer him and Lissy to take the 1tech. Not to mention he and Ware played REALLY well next to each other this year.