1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

UCLA S, Rahim Moore in the 2nd Round?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ThreeSportStar80, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Despite his slower than expected 40 times do you think he'll be a good fit in the 2nd round? I would take him or Phil Taylor, thoughts?
  2. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,267 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    I would love Moore in round 2.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,668 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    I thought Moore looked very good in the footwork drills, wouldn't mind him at all but I don't want to pass on a lineman to do so unless we address it in FA.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,538 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    I would absolutely take him in the 2nd round.
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he plays soft - am much higher on D Williams
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He looked fantastic in the position drills, very smooth. I believe he has all the ability needed to make an impact in coverage early in his career. That said, he's going to miss a lot of tackles at the next level. Another concern I have is that as he puts on weight his speed will become more problematic. I want to like Moore, but I have too many reservations to advocate taking him early in the second round. If the safety class was stronger then I think Moore would be more of a third round candidate, at best.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be shocked to see him go late in the 2nd round.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,410 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    He has great ball skills and I would take him with no hesitation at all.
  9. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    How many UCLA games did you watch last year?
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like a FS with ball skills (no homo, lol), my question is would he be an immediate starter in Dallas. IF drafted in the 2nd round, I would hope so...
  11. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you see our secondary last year? He'd start immediately. Safety is a giant hole, and he's just about the only sure fire starter at safety. Some guys might go higher who could move there, but he already knows the position. It sure would be nice to add a starter at the top of round 2. It seems like a very safe pick, and we wouldn't have to worry about the position for a while. I'd take him if he's there.
  12. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He fits a big need, but I think there will be better players on the board in round 2 than him. I'd rather have Aaron Williams at DB or Curtis Brown. Curtis Marsh is another CB to watch. Interior offensive line should be in play...
    For me, it just depends on who Dallas would pass up to draft him.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree on all counts.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,133 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    this is where the classic BPA vs Need question comes in. to me if this guy fills the BIGGEST hole in our D from last year its just fine to use our 2nd on him.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,163 Messages
    1,793 Likes Received
    it is all about value
    the drop off between him and a healthy D. williams is negligible

here is what i would do:

pick OL/CB/LB in 2nd (in place of moore)
    trade down in 3 (gain extra 4th or 5th)
    pick d. williams in late 3rd

much better value than picking moore in 2

it never ceases to amaze me that the same people *****ing and moaning about our OL all season are now talking about picking DBs with our top 2 picks (although i would not be surprised if JJ does exactly that).
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,538 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    The only way our first pick is a DB, in my opinion, is if we can get Peterson. I think the Cowboys would be drafting him to play FS, too.

I think that otherwise, we go DL/OL 1-2.
  17. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I would love to have moore at 40 but I don't see him falling to 40. He might make it to the 2nd round but not down to 40.
    Aaron Williams would be a nice add and will most likely be a FS in the NFL. Much like a Michael Huff.
  18. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Member

516 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh I think he'll be there at 40 and if we don't take him I'm gonna be yelling at the TV. Loved what I saw of him in the drills... give me J.J. Watt in round 1 and Moore in round 2 and I am a happy camper. This is assuming we can't get Peterson of course.....

19. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the OL worth taking at 40 will be gone by then. Pouncey, Ijalana and the top 4-5 OT's. Only exception might be Wiz.

Right now I go.....DE 1, FS 2, and guys like Ziemba/Love who can play RT and Guard in 3 and 4.

All bases covered and holes filled with that draft and we can still go WR/KR, RB, ILB and 4th CB (which we are looking for) later.
  20. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah he impressed me with the drills as well... The tackling will be an issue though, definitely needs to work on that.