1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Unfortunate occurrence at Texas Tech Pro Day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 13, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Unfortunate occurrence at Texas Tech Pro Day
    Posted: March 13th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Luis Vasquez, Rylan Reed, Texas Tech

A moment of sadness overshadowed Texas Tech’s pro day. OT Rylan Reed started out the workout exceptionally well, measuring in at 6-foot-5 1/2-inch, 309 pounds. He then had 41 bench press reps — a tally that would have put him No. 1 among all athletes at the NFL Scouting Combine last month. That is when Reed’s day took a turn for the worse. On his first 40-yard dash, he suffered an injured knee and had to be taken to the hospital.

Here’s hoping Reed recovers quickly.

On to the rest of the prospects:

OL Luis Vasquez (6-5, 325 pounds) ran 5.22 twice in the 40, had a 30 1/2-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot, 7-inch broad jump, a 4.94 in the short shuttle, a 7.66 three-cone drill and stood on his bench press reps from the combine. He performed well in the position drills.

DE Brandon Williams (6-3, 254 pounds) ran a 4.80 and 4.81 in the 40, had a 33 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, 18 bench press reps and kept the rest of his numbers from the combine.

S Darcel McBath (6-0 5/8, 200 pounds) ran a 4.53 and 4.54 in the 40, had a 10-foot broad jump and 17 lifts.

QB Graham Harrell (6-2, 3/8) — ran a 4.95 in the 40, but struggled somewhat in the position drills.

– Gil Brandt
  2. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Dallas will draft one of these guys:

Cornelius Lewis
    Jamie Thomas
    Louis Vazquez

They could take two of them if they had a chance to do it, imo.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    either one of them and i think we would do good;

however im hoping the cowboys can get duke robinson in the 2nd round, i think he will be a stud offensive linemen in 2 years, and thats what the dallas cowboys need on the offensive line aka erik williams or larry allen
  4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,041 Messages
    228 Likes Received

I think you should add Herman Johnson to that list. I think he will be better than Duke Robinson when all is said and done.