1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Unless Peterson is in our sites then trade down to mid to late teens

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bigtommyb, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It makes so much sense to trade down and get another 2nd, which what it would cost for someone to move into top ten. Peterson is the only guy that i would stay at nine for. Everyone talks about Watt, Constanzo, Smith. We could still get at least two out of three of those guys after nine. We can get ol if we move down then get a De and S in second, then possibly another lineman in third. Someone please explain how that doesn't make more sense with the needs that we have. For history speaking, i've never liked in the past for JERRY to trade down, however this year it makes more sense then it ever has. The years he shouldn't have he did and this year when he should he probably won't!
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree. When looking at the top OL players I don't see a big gap and feel we can get a quality OL player in the mid teens be able to get an additional pick
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Mcshay just said on Mike and Mike that one of the rumors involving us would be a trade down with the Pats that would give us there pick numbers 17 and pick number 60 for pick number 9. I assume the pats would also throw in a later pick to even it out because this wouldnt sit well with the trade chart value extremists.

With this we would take either Smith, Castanzo or Watt. (Assume Smith will be gone)

The pats would pick Cam Jordan (who i would rather have then Watt personally)

My take:
    If we do this trade down and we grab Watt at 17 then maybe we do package the 2 second rounders to get back in to the first for a o-lineman like a sherrod or carimi. I still very much like Carimi he is the "logan mankins" of this draft class a tough SOB that will fight till the whistle and even after it. I could see even as a rookie this kid getting in the face of any defensive player who tries any cheap BS with Romo.
  4. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I would have no problem with this trade. Like you I think highly of Carimi. I he has done a very good job in pass protection and is a monster in his run blocking I'm sure Felix would like a road grader like this to run behind
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Pats need to give up 17 and 33 to move to 9, Pats are fearing the Chargers will jump up and take Jordan. I still say we will trade down to 14 with the Rams.

Castonzo will be the pick. Smith will not last to 14.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,342 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    If you trade down to mid teens, you are trading a higher tier player for two lower tier players. (one of them being 3rd+ tier) That is a a bad deal any way you look at it. The only way you can make that up is if you get damn lucky and draft a Jason Witten or something like that.
  7. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

1,123 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I'm starting to think the Pats trade will be there, but I'm thinking it's for Quinn. At #17, I don't know. I've seen this Pats thing with the Browns too. I hope it's because we like Quinn and they want to get ahead of us.
  8. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I would agree if I felt that one of the other guys would be head and shoulder above the others and I don't think they are. To me it is not about tier it is talent. I like T. Smith but I don't think he is head and shoulders better than some of the other top OL players who likely will go in the mid teens.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,342 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    That is where we disagree. He will easily be the best offensive lineman to come out of this draft. (unless we get a blindsided by a guy that comes out of the later rounds that nobody expected to be that good)
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Your right that is where we disagree. I like Smith but no I don't think he is head and shoulders above the other top OL players in this draft. I think the big potential for Smith is he is only 20 so people expect that he will improve but as it stands right now no I don't think his talent level at this point is any greater than the other top OL