1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

US Postal Service mailman of the year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dirt, Jan 1, 2007.

1. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would like to nominate a few candidates for 'Mailman of the year" honoring those who have quit and "mailed it in" these past few weeks

It would be easy to say the entire defense as we all can see the total lack of emotion, fire and heart exhibited by the majority of the unit. I saw Bradie James jumping around after one big hit yesterday but that was it.
    Even when Ware made a sack, it seemed no one even came over to congratulate him. i wonder if the defensive players even like each other. Football is a battle metaphorically and no one on the unit seems to act like they would give everything for the other players
    This could be pinned back on Zimmer, everyone's fall guy. He did try to make some changes in personnel in hopes of a spark but when the other teams receiver is talking to the press about how easy it was to get matchup advantages, then we have some serious problems in schemes. I mean, come on, Roy Williams is what, 6 ft 4 in and we are covering him in the end zone with Aaron Glen who is about 5'8"??? How does that happen.

You could nominate the entire OL. Problems were covered initially by Romo's mobility but teams figured out how to pressure now. He has been under fire for since the NO game. Anyone, including Payton Manning (see Thanksgiving game) will have problems under pressure. And what happened to our running game?

Question: how many times has Julius fumbled? All running backs will fumble--it is the nature of the game. Julius has morphed into a scared running back who clutches the ball with all his might and falls down after first contact. He is more afraid of fumbling than making a play.
    But my number one individual candidate is Roy Williams. i cannot tell you how disappointed I am with how is career is spiralling.
    Check the commercial where he says early in his football career he felt like Superman. Remember what he did at OU? This year could be epitomized by the time he tried to blitz from the outside, got blocked by the RB and pretty much gave up. In my opinion he has taken the big contract and pretty much mailed it in.
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I know the defense on Points after TD's isn't exactly hyped up...

BUT if anyone has a copy of this game, PLEASE watch Roy Williams on the PATs by the Lions.

He simply stood there like he was waiting for a bus.

Go check it out...it's disgusting.

Ya think Ronnie Lott would have just STOOD there?
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received

Aside from Parcells and Zimmer, I think Julius' act (at least for me) is getting REAL old.

I am SO SICK of seeing him run STRAIGHT INTO A PILE. I mean, what the hell is that? I never liked the choice from day one, but I thought for a while I might have been wrong about it. (Granted, the OL's run blocking is terrible, but Barber looks a lot better behind it than JJ)

Fact is, he had a couple real solid games early in his career, and now he looks pitiful at times.

He does absolutely nothing for me and for those select few (Dbair) who would rather have Julius over Steven Jackson need their head examined asap.
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Another brilliant move.

I will never forget that day.

He fell RIGHT into our hands. It was amazing how that draft played out.

And...

We traded the pick.

:bang2:
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,436 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    I'm not defending the guy because I am a bigger MB3 fan than that of JJ. However, Parcells coached him to follow his blockers instead of using his instincts. Parcells totally got into his mind between 2004 and today. He does what Parcells wants him to do. It's really quite sickening to watch. You don't take a RB that's known for freestyling to get those extra yards and mold him into a strictly north/south follow those blocks kinda guy. Parcells took away his freedom in the backfield.

Fore the record, I also would have much rather had Stephen Jackson. However, as people often say, we're speaking in hindsight which is always 20/20.
  6. Sarge

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Steven Jackson fell right into our laps........it was unreal. I was unbelievably pissed. Just thinking about it makes me ill.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If that's the kind of guy he wanted, then that's the kind of guy he should have drafted.
  8. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember holding my breath as the draft played out, checking the needs of the teams ahead of us and praying Jackson would fall. Then in the 15 minute time limit, the announcers were talking about how Jackson was the perfect Parcells running back--big, powerful, and fast enough. Then bam!
    I dont know if his confidence can be restored.
    And second question. Why, why dont we use him or Barber in the short passing game? Third question. Why dont we work the edges anymore? It seems all we do is run off tackle
  9. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well, we don't want you feeling ill while you're already hung over.

Just think of eating bacon fat...on a slow rocking boat...side to side...up..down...
  10. Sarge

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Hindsight my arse. In the chatroom, we were all rooting our nuggets off for Steven Jackson when we were on the clock........not after...........and what do we do..................pass right over him......................no hindsight there....we wanted him BEFOREHAND, at least 75% of the board did.

....but i get your drift...... ;)
  11. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Yep. I was right there with everyone on this.

It's not hindsight.
  12. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,086 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Which is exactly what Steven Jackson is, a patient runner that follows his blockers and runs with power.:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  13. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was almost as sick that day as I was when we passed on Shaun Rogers for... Tony Dixon! And that was after taking Quincy Carter! I don't think I've ever had such a WITH (What In The Heck) were they thinking moment in my life.

Stupid Jerry Jones.
  14. Sarge

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    oh..................:ralph:

Thanks.....................:mad:
  15. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I remember the day well.....I should have been banned. :D
  16. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That whole series of events embodies the failed Parcells regime more than any other- and then him saying he was going to take KevJo over Jackson proved how much of a geezer fool he really was.
  17. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Oh and he's a great third down back too...

But Coach Flintstone has gone on and on about how in today's NFL, you can't do it with just one back anymore.
  18. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was the worst draft experience of my life. 2004 was second.
  19. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,086 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Who was it that said "if your playing two, you don't have one."?
  20. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well, that was Jerry and Bill not being able to resist showing the world what maverick geniuses they are...and there wasn't anyone there to say "ARE YOU GUYS NUTZ. Take Jackson and stop trying to be cute"

Unreal.

And my point is, don't take Jones and try to change him.

That's what I have been saying about Parcells...he doesn't coach to the talent...he tries to force the talent to his systems...and he does it to a fault.

To one degree or another, all coaches do this.

But they also draft guys that FIT their system.

Parcells wants to have a team that doesn't turn the ball over...a QB who manages the game...but since he's arrived here, he's had one turn over machine after another at QB.

Why?

Because he's such a great coach that he's going to coach them out of their natural personalities.

What a crock.