1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vaccaro top safety on Cowboys board

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Even if both safeties were gone before our second pick there are other safeties I would consider.

Jefferson, Rambo, McDonald, Reid.
  2. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I'm sure someone will make a post about all the start S and where they were drafted, but it seems to me, also, that if you want an impact S you have to draft them in the first 2 rounds, maybe 3. If we pick up a starting OG in FA, then we will certainly be in position to draft Vaccaro if he was there for us at #18. We could still go after OL again in rounds 2 (Dallas Thomas, Larry Warford, Alvin Bailey, etc).
  3. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Yeah, it was also sunny on a Thursday once last year, and we went 8-8. BAN SUNNY THURSDAYS, JERRY!!!
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,209 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    I'm skeptical that the Cowboys would tell Broaddus or any media mouthpiece who was on their board.
  5. dwight

dwight Active Member

853 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Thanks you made my point. Love to have a safety over a talented olineman or dlineman. Your thought patterns are like an 8-8 Gm like Jerry.

Funny.
  6. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every year the Cowboys tell some mouthpiece that they're high on Player X from Texas and every year Dallas doesn't draft that player.

It's a game Dallas plays really well every year. Keep the local fan's hopes up without crushing their dreams.
  7. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yeah, me too. Unless Broaddus is squeezing info from our scouts. I stiil doubt anyone really knows what our draft board looks like, except the guys in the war room.
  8. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Board?

Uh, since when do NFL teams put together their draft board in January?

The scouts should have preliminary lists of the top seniors by position. But, in no way has their been any attempt to put together a complete draft board.

If Broaddus is saying that Vaccaro is the top senior safety on that list, fine. It actually makes sense. But, as for top player, it doesn't exist yet for the Cowboys or any other NFL team.
  9. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

925 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I agree Chance Warmack/ Johnathan Cooper and Barrett Jones will also be gone. Time to pick your poison. No OLine upgrade or Safety upgrade via the draft.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like Vaccaro, but the Cowboys MUST go with someone on the line of scrimmage. Either D or O. Both sides need help. The line is more important than a safety at this point.

Besides, Vaccaro will be gone before #18.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,793 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    The whole Question Mark part of his tweet might indicate that he is speculating.

Just something to consider before going off the deep end.:D
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You can't go off the "deep end", if you started in the "deep end". ;)
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,793 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    You can if you are a Cowboys fan because there is always one more level of deepness hidden in the deep end...or so it seems. :laugh2: