1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Valley Ranch is a Mess

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 16, 2013.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    1) 8-8 Season. Jerry's mad. There will be uncomfortableness.

2) RB coach fired

3) D Coordinator fired with poor examples as to why he is fired. Then a follow up saying that it was the team, not just the defense...yet the O Coordinator and HC are still around.

4) An older D Coordinator is hired whose recent stints in college didn't work but he is a guru when in the NFL. Will his system still work? Do we have the guys to fit it? Does D Ware fit? What about safeties?

5) Do we have a new OC or not? Will one be hired from outside or from within? Is this smoke?

6) John Garrett looking for jobs

7) Is Jason safe? 99% sure yes but we never get anything definitive out of the team as of direction.

I said this last week..and I caught grief...but, I'm sorry, this whole off season so far has seemed by the seat of its pants. I understand that we have some media driven stories because this is the Cowboys but overall I don't think this is how they wanted things to go down. I'm not sure if "uncomfortable" was planned. It wouldn't have happened with a win in DC so this wasn't exactly planned but came about because of 8-8 and DC loss. I want to think it has been well thought out but I think there is an undercurrent and tension hidden under all of this where the team is still trying to figure out how far "uncomfortable" goes. In all honestly, part of me thinks Jerry would love to fire Garrett but at the same time wants to look patient and will let him dig his own grave. I really don't know. Maybe its all the threads but this is just messy. I'd love to be set and get on to the draft.

And the 7 points have rhetorical questions in there. Just stating what has been discussed.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,804 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Is this the part where we panic?
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,578 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    None of that is new. Its been that way for years. The Cowboys are structured "differently" remember. The sort of stuff you listed is just a result of the structure.
  4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    No, my doctor just told me that writing it all out will make me feel better :laugh2:
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,150 Messages
    1,780 Likes Received
    when it comes to football matters, the words "jerry jones" and "well-thought out" should never appear in the same sentence, except if they have the word "not" between them

jerry is a football idiot of the highest order and what he is liable to do on any given day likely depends on which "friend of jerry" calls him that morning with a new idea

hope that answers your question
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    Of course it's a mess. Kind of like the way this team played all season. What do you expect after the train wreck we watched for 16 weeks?
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Off season is what 3 weeks old now? I'm sure a lot more is going to take place before all is said and done.
  8. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Change never looks pretty, never looks clean. What were you expecting? Let the dust settle and then evaluate what was knee-jerk, what was worthwhile, what was window-dressing.

Right now we don't have enough information and we're responding to the natural appearance of change, which is always ugly.
  9. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Active Member

1,512 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    My doctor told me to drink more and then proceeded to hand me a xanax prescription.
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Was it ugly when he canned Campo and hired Parcells?
  11. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    The Whitney Houston prescription......
  12. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,362 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    8) All draft plans prior to the Kiffin hire are now nullified and its back to the drawing board. Now need to acquire more talent with less opportunity.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Lot of work was done then as well but people only cared about Campo going and Parcells coming in, all other parts that were changing did not get the attention.
  14. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,627 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    im fading fast...
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    different year....Al Davis Jr. losin' it
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    Nope. Outside of winning SB's that was the best day I can remember as a fan.
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,204 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Don't worry, Jerry's kids will have this thing spun into a superbowl win for sure! They've become very good in the last..what...17 years?

No worries at all.

Right now it's hey, it's only been a few weeks...

Next it's, don't worry about the draft, FA is coming up!

Next...Hey we sure fixed the OL didn't we, playoffs!

But...it's only pre-season...

Insert your personel favorite here.:laugh2:
  18. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,070 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Order will spring from chaos. This is why PR people were created.
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    This.

Some may choose to look at this off-season as a time of turmoil but, as the eternal optimist, I'd like to think that something positive will come out of it.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,482 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Well... Yeah. A complete mess.

This is what happens when someone (Jerry) tries to hire and fire people piecemeal to save face and money.

This is the most profitable team in the country and Jerry runs it like the Bills or Jags. So irritating.