1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vegas likes Bama big over ND and Georgia small

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by RS12, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Todd Fuhrman ‏@ToddFuhrman
    First to open lines on potential natl title game matchup in Las Vegas is @WilliamHillUS : Bama -10 vs ND and UGA -4 vs ND
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Alabama lost AT home to a perceived also-ran a week ago...

The media couldn't WAIT to get them back up there... you lose AT home late in the season... you don't play for the NC... PERIOD...

They gave them the same thing against LSU...
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,087 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    They dropped from 1 to 4 ahead of the other 1 loss teams which is ok and then #2 and #3 lost. Now they'll have to beat #3 to make the championship. That also ran they lost to is now #7? Who should go ahead of them? The only one loss teams would be Bama, Florida, Oregon and Kstate? Oregon lost at home later than Bama and Kstate got rolled by Baylor. I don't know why anyone would have an issue with Alabama this year if they beat Georgia who won the SEC East over Florida.
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,894 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    UGA got destroyed by USC. Yeah, it was on the road. But, it was an embarrassing loss.

Personally, I think either Oregon or Alabama is more worthy of a title shot than UGA and maybe Stanford as well.

This is a big reason why I dislike college football. The media always gives the SEC the benefit of the doubt.

YR
  5. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Bama is the best 1 loss team, and deserve to be in the national championship. If they play ND I don't think it would be close. Would have loved to see Bama vs Oregon for the NC.
  6. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,176 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I do not believe Georgia is better than Stanford or Oregon.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,621 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    And ND is not better than any of them.:D

Seriously though, there are no dominant teams this year.
    I strongly feel that ND would 2-4 losses in the SEC, but you can't fault them that their schedule turned out to be weaker than expected.
  8. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ND's schedule looks weak compared to a SEC schedule, but they beat top competition in the Big Ten (Michigan and Michigan St), the Big-12 (Oklahoma) and the Pac-12 (Stanford and USC). ND has placed themselves as the best non-SEC school thanks to their schedule.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    ACTUALLY Alabama had a weaker SOS then ND.
    Sagarin SOS as of November 24

Alabama 39
    ND 30
    Florida 13
    Oregon 31
    Stanford 5
    Oklahoma 11
    LSU 27
    KState 24
  10. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never mentioned Alabama's schedule, I said an SEC schedule. There are 9 SEC teams with a harder schedule. Alabama and Georgia didn't have to play the top teams in the opposing division, to their benefit. ND takes heat for their schedule but it is on par with the top team from each major conference.

K-State - 24
    Notre Dame - 30
    Oregon - 31
    Nebraska - 36
    Alabama - 39
    Florida St - 72
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah I got no problem w/ Bama playing in the title game if they beat Georgia. They are easily the best 1 loss team out there right now. Say what you will about the A&M team and that loss by Bama at home, but there is NO WAY ND beats Bama w/ Saban having an entire month to prepare his team. Well other than major injuries on Bama's part that is.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    yeah sure no way.

I remember some saying the same thing about Carrol suposedly owning Mack when it was USC (greatest team of all time supposedly) vs Texas.

Now who won that?
  13. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,686 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    ND should have lost at home to Pitt, ... Pitt ... at South Bend!

Pitt is 5-6, .. 2-4 in the mighty Big East.

If it were anyone else, they would not be No. 1

I hope Bama crushes them, ... Saban is a WV boy, Roll Tide!
  14. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,180 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    :laugh2: So beating #10 Michigan State on the road, #18 Michigan, #8 Oklahoma on the road, and a tough rivalry win at USC should be negated because Pitt got close to beating them? Sounds like somebody who's team dropped 5 in a row is a little jealous.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
    The guys @BovadaLV say Notre Dame would be underdogs vs Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU and A&M.
  16. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,176 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Ridiculous. I understand Bama. But not the rest.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports
    RT @BFeldmanCBS: Notre Dame would be an underdog vs 5 SEC teams (Bama -9.5); UGA (-3); UF (-1.5); LSU (-3); A&M (-3.5), per Bovada.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,621 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    I am bothered slightly by that Pit win at home, but don't disocunt them much for it. It seems every national champ has one nailbiter win vs a jag opponent.

However.....

Just to get the facts straight.

Michigan State is 6-6 and unranked....whatever
    Michigan is 8-4 and ranked 19th....nothing special
    Oklahoma is 11-1 and ranked 11th. Nice win
    USC is 7-5 and unranked....no Barkley and weren't even that good anyway.

No teams currently in the top 10 and only two that are even ranked--with one having 4 losses.

I'm sorry, but this is extremely unimpressive.

the best argument they have is a good one though; they beat everyone on their schedule.
  19. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oklahoma is 9-2 with one game left to play.

You also missed 10-2 Stanford and the fact that Michigan lost to Notre Dame (12-0) Ohio St (12-0) Alabama (11-1) and Nebraska (10-2). Michigan is probably the best 4-loss team in the nation.

As I said, Notre Dame beat some of the top teams from BCS conferences and deserves their spot in the title game. I personally do not think they are a top 2 team but they played the games and won their way in.
  20. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,180 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    My facts are straight. That's what each team was ranked when the Irish beat them. Not their ranking after the season was over. It doesn't really matter though, the Irish are playing for the National Championship and should be.