1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Video: Dez Bryant's second half receptions

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by bbgun, Sep 19, 2010.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtubehd]dARh1L8cwU8[/youtubehd]
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    No matter how pissed I am right now, I can't help but smile when I see this guy play.

He is so good it is unreal.

Why he wasn't targeted a dozen times today is a mystery to me.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    shhhh? Next week Romo will have 62 attempts if Garrett hears you.
  4. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Three thoughts come to mind:

a) Anyone else notice he appears to fix his glove in the middle of running his route on his second catch? Kinda funny.

b) Loved the first-down signal.

c) ... Which brings me to this: Love the energy he brings. I posted in another thread how I think we miss a Brooking type on offense, and I think he's that guy. He brings a tempo, a level of energy that our other guys just don't bring. I hate to bring about the No. 88 comparisons so early, but he has a wee little bit of that in him. We desperately need him on the field at all times.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    LOL He fixed his glove in the middle of running that 2nd route and then makes the catch for the 1st down :laugh2:
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I agree ..... I question the intelligence of any game plan that does not include this kid a lot .....
  7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Noticed that during the game. Hilarious.
  8. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,030 Messages
    96 Likes Received

Only difference is he has the game to match his energy. Brooking is damn near finished
  9. chuffly

chuffly Well-Known Member

2,029 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    How many plays was he actually in there today? It sure didn't seem like enough.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I dunno.

I'm gonna check out the game rewind as soon as it is working on NFL.com and see how many plays he was out there.

For some reason, the video is posted but it won't start for me.
  11. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,443 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    2nd pro game and the dude throws down with a very good Mike Irvin first down imitation. You just gotta love that.

He just looks like he is going to be a monster player. Should definitely be getting lots more chances to make plays in the game.

RHG was an excellent decision maker as a player, albeit in limited playing time. Odd that doesn't really seem to translate over as a coach for him. Or maybe is is just a general lack of execution rather than issues with him.

His offense oughta be burning up the record books with Austin/Dez/Witten. You can use the passing game to take pressure off the QB. Hit another team with enough slats and short passes and you will only be facing 3 or 4 rushers. Which even the current crew in Dallas oughta be able to block.
    And when was the last time Romo got rolled out and had a chance to put a defense on their heels and buy himself a little more time?
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    He wasn't in the game all that much for some reason.
  13. Martice

Martice Member

958 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    THIS and a plate of hot wings!!
  14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    Two things that caught my eye... once he catches the ball, he gets into flight pretty quick and gets extra separation from trailing defenders.

Second thing is... we talk about RBs who fall forward for a couple of extra yards. Dez does that as a WR.
  15. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    Can't wait for Dez to break a tackle and go all the way a la Miles Austin. We have two big, strong, RAC wide receivers. The offense has to start clicking at some point.
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    That first route really shows you his athletic ability. It's not a particular sharp or fast cut and he's telegraphing it a bit at the end, but once he makes the cut, he's at full speed nearly instantly. He instantly gets 2 steps on the corner, who has no chance of defending that pass, no chance.
  17. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,835 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Dez will be starting soon because no way does Jerry not see what we all see. We are 0-2. Time to shake things up.
  18. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    They've got to get this guy on the field more.

Though, we've been saying the same thing about Felix for a few years now.
  19. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only two catches....
  20. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL at the 1.26 mark where he fixes his glove mid route. What a baller.