1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recommended Video: Larry Allen and Bill Parcells Hall of Fame Acceptance Speeches

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kilyin, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
  2. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

926 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Thank you for posting these, I was out and missed it.
    I alway love induction day. Love the stories of how they got there.
    If you could post all of them I promise you I'll watch them all.
    Thanks again.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,431 Messages
    6,489 Likes Received
    Seriously. Can we draft Larry Allen III right now?
  4. Risen Star

20,431 Messages
    6,489 Likes Received
    In fairness to me, LA cheated the 3rd time we fought.
    treykin32 and CATCH17 like this.
  5. Risen Star

20,431 Messages
    6,489 Likes Received
    I really felt like I should have presented Bill Parcells. No disrespect to George Martin.
  6. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Active Member

251 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I thought, oh my gosh, this guy never says ANYTHING! How is he going to put together a Hall of Fame speech?! Did he ever!!! So proud!!! Although you could tell he was nervous, he had funny stories, showed emotion, and gave us inside info on how amazing his will and his heart began. He gave us a funny and touching story of his wife and his first date. He gleamed at the pride of his family...it was special for me to watch all of that, and people get on Jerry, but you could see the love him and Larry have for each other! Jerry looked like a proud papa. Kudos LA!!!
    ehcrossing likes this.
  7. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

762 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Larry Allen is THE Best OL in Cowboys history.......and probably top 3 in NFL. Sonoma State Seawolves baby......."on our first date, she cooked me 2 chickens, french fries, baked me a cake and gave me a 40oz.-----I knew then that was my wife right there." Yep, Larry, she is a keeper. LOL...
    Titleist likes this.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,369 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Yes that was a great speech.
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  9. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

762 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Maybe I read too much into it, but did Bill take a jab at Jerry when he mentioned that a coach has to be given power to coach by management.....or else it will be a recipe for failure? Also didn't catch Jerry socializing with Bill during the pre or post speech faze. Well nevermind, congrats to the Big Tuna.....well deserved.
  10. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

701 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    if anything, it was a jab at Kraft being I believe that's where he was when he made that hilarious "buy the groceries" quote. Regardless, he did credit all the organizations he was a part of for fostering an environment to win and I took it as he said they all gave him that power to coach.
    Zordon likes this.
  11. Risen Star

20,431 Messages
    6,489 Likes Received
    Man do you guys really reach to be victims.

He made it clear he was never in that kind of situation and he was fortunate to avoid it.
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,298 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Great guy and football player. Loved the emotion. It'll be awhile before another like him comes along. BTW, thought if was very gracious of him to thank Jackie Slater who was one of the greatest OL I've ever seen.
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  13. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

762 Messages
    61 Likes Received

that is my point, he is reminding everyone that in order to succeed as a NFL coach, you have to be given that power as a coach or there will be problems. As we see life after Bill, Jerry has gone back to his old ways, and thus mediocrity reigns supreme.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Lol this is a classic reach.
  15. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,487 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I missed it, which really bums me out.

Who spoke last? In which spot did LA speak?
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,619 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    Absolutely. I was very disappointed in the audience. I don't know if they were mesmerized or what. Larry and Bill had several Standing O moments. At least several speech interrupting applause moments. When Larry spoke about being able to lift those weights and doing it naturally, every football player in that place should have stood on their chairs and applauded. When Bill talked about the different nationalities in the locker room and all that matters is if you want to contribute to the "1-goal" or you can get to steppin' ... that was a standing O moment.
    jobberone likes this.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,298 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Loved that comment about not making a difference what color or nationality you were. The whole thing was a treatise on how to have a team.
  18. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    First "40" reference in HoF speech history, at least the first one not talking about the dash lol
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,126 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    Along with 2 chickens, french fries, and a cake! I wonder what she ate?
  20. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

885 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Totally loved Larry Allen's speech.