1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Obama out-shoots UConn women at White House

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 30, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    Eamonn Brennan

President Barack Obama hosted 2009 women's NCAA tourney champ UConn to the White House on Monday, and beyond all of the requisite ceremonial jersey gifts and congratulations and unnecessarily eloquent speeches about what UConn women's basketball means to Obama and his daughters (I'll admit, that caught me off guard), there was time for a little friendly game of P.I.G.

And to their eternal shame, the UConn women couldn't hit shots. Obama won. That is to say, he sort of won; as you'll see in the video, I don't think the rules of P.I.G. were rigorously enforced here.

[youtube]_HEzeeRT5_0[/youtube]

Obama's connection to college hoops started long before his presidency: He scrimmaged with UNC last summer and earned the all-important Dean Smith endorsement in the general election. Perhaps his most famous dalliance with college hoops came from his ESPN-hyped 2009 tourney bracket. Not only did Obama perform pretty well in the bracket -- he picked UNC to win, after all -- but he managed to anger staunch Republican Coach K in the process. That was fun.

One final note: Obama's shot form remains in need of work. It ends well, with a great little wrist flick, but how he gets the ball there -- moving it right-to-left just before he shoots -- is poor form. Fortunately, it's nothing a little work with Steve Alford's legendary collection of shooting videos can't fix. Keep that elbow square, Barack.

(HT: NBC Washington and the White House Youtube stream, whose editors mercifully understand that no one watches Internet clips for more than 1:30.)
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Or they could use the headline "Obama Beats Women" :lmao: