1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Video: This reminds me of the 'old defense'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Sep 20, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This reminds me of the 'old defense'

Back in 2007 and 2008 the Cowboys had a pretty good defense who could get after teams. They had one big flaw though that used to drive me crazy.

At the most inopportune times they would wilt and come up small.

So far this season I have seen signs of exactly that happening again. Against the Skins we saw them allow a long drive where the Skins put up an extra 3 points right at the end of the game. That made the score 13-7 and forced the Cowboys to have to put up a TD on their final possession in order to not lose the game.

Yesterday the score was 20-17 and David Buehler comes out to kick the game tying FG. He shanks the kick and it's now still a 3 point game. Now is the time for the Cowboys D to come out on the field and stand their ground.

Instead of them coming up big in that moment we get this...

[youtube]JoetmpC95Xk[/youtube]

And no. They are not getting all the blame for the loss. Tony Romo stunk yesterday. The running game was useless. And Buehler should be removed from being the FG kicker.

All I am saying is that in 2009 I saw a different defense. One that was becoming elite and had found a way to come up huge in those tough times. And now I am not seeing this in the two losses.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,857 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I was with ya until you said the defense doesn't get blamed for the loss.

Yes, they do.

Along with the coaching , offense and specials teams, in that order, then the defense.

Whoops sorry DC. Misread while I eating. No, the dfense doesn't get all the blame, no way.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,890 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    the defense has suprised me the most. Dallas offense is doing basically what I expected...big yardage few points...but there were times in that game yesterday when the defense lost confidence. Now we are hearing some of the defensive players a questioning Wade for being too laid back after Dallas had success early on by hitting Cutler. Ball and Jenkins have not impressed me at all so far and Scandrick is maddening to watch.