1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vikes Blog: Injury Report/LT Bryant Mckinnie playing w/broken hand

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 17, 2007.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,066 Messages
    5,571 Likes Received
    Today’s injury report
    Vikings
    LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) Did not participate
    FB Naufahu Tahi (knee) DNP
    QB Tarvaris Jackson (groin) Limited participation
    S Dwight Smith (hamstring) Limited participation
    DE Erasmus James (shoulder) Limited participation

Dallas
    WR Terry Glenn (knee) out
    CB Anthony Henry (ankle) DNP
    CB Courtney Brown (biceps) Full participation
    S Keith Davis (shoulder) Full participation
    FB Oliver Hoyte (neck) Full participation

McKinnie playing with broken hand

Wednesday, October 17th, 2007hello

LT Bryant McKinnie didn’t just suffer from food poisoning during an infamous Sept. 30 game against Green Bay. McKinnie also broke his left hand, he revealed today in an interview with Star Tribune columnist Patrick Reusse.

McKinnie has not missed a game since he entered the league midway through the 2002 season and he played through the injury last weekend in Chicago. McKinnie also played through a broken hand during training camp in 2006.
    For the time being, McKinnie is playing with padding over his current injury.

Posted in Main | 1 Comment »

Practice update and more

LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle sprain) and FB Naufahu Tahi (MCL sprain) were the only two players not on the field during the early portion of practice. Vikings coach Brad Childress said during his press conference that both players were scheduled to get treatment at a pool today.

Meanwhile, Vikings coach Brad Childress was effusive in his praise of Dallas' second-ranked offense.

"We’ll have our hands full, in terms of them on offense," Childress said. "And when you talk about a team that scored 45, 37, 34, 35, 25, and 27 in a loss, against the No. 1 defense, I don’t know if we can slow them down."

Asked if his offense needs to step up, Childress said, "Well, I would say we better, because with the numbers I just recited to you, three points is not liable to win this game, I don’t think."

posted by Sean Jensen at 2:05 PM 1 comments
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,963 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    That could make it more difficult for McKinnie to hold DeMarcus Ware, let alone get away with it.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Don't be fooled... better tackles than McKinnie get away with holding Ware weekly...
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I remember back when McKinnie was drafted. They were showing highlights of him playing, then talked about how he "shut out" Dwight Freeney. They showed a "Highlight" of him vs freeney and all it was was him basically schooling Freeney with a Louisville Slugger. I mean he held/tackled/Maimed him.

Yet that was his "Highlight" of him "Shutting out" Freeney.
  5. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we should go right at dwight smith with witten and a deep ball or 2 and test his bad hammy
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,563 Likes Received
    As I recall Petitti Shut Out Freeny as well in college.
  7. canters

canters Active Member

1,788 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The shameful thing is, Mckenie will still be able to block Spears and/or Canty all day with ond hand.
  8. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,963 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    With a broken hand?
  9. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    It appears that Henry isn't going to play this week, hope missing this week and bye week will get him enough healing time and be back by week nine.
  10. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually wouldn't mind if they played Tnew very sparsely for this game as well. Let him rest up that bum leg a little going into the bye.

Thats how unimpressed I am with the Viking passing game. :D