1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vince McMahon's list of the top 5 wrestlers of all time...

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,723 Messages
    1,591 Likes Received
    Had no idea, don't watch wrestling anymore :(
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,359 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    Uh, no. Hacksaw Jim Dugan rates higher. Jake The Snake too. Who can forget DV? That's right, Domestic Violence with his finishing move The Bit** Slap was ruthless.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,844 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    Barefoot Kevin ...... watched them with my grandpa.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I can't argue with that list..........rounding out the top 10 for the promotion.....6. HBK, 7. HHH, 8.The Undertaker, 9. Brett Hart, 10. Bobby Heenan (wrestler, manager, announcer, and one of the best Heels ever)
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    That's a good list, but Andre "The Giant" has to be in the top-10 somewhere. Andre was a staple of the WWWF/WWF in the 70's and first part of the 80's. The guy was an amazing draw and had some of the best feuds.
  6. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,726 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Undertaker is the greatest ever. Best character, best moves , best presentation IMHO.
  7. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Which one? His mortician gimmick was ok for the time as everyone had ridiculous fantasy gimmicks but I was never a fan. Personally I think the American Bad *** gimmick was the best he used, more appropriate for this day and age.
  8. MichaelWinicki

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    He, Calaway certainly has made the Undertaker gimmick last a long time. The guy's a great athlete too, sometimes that wasn't as showcased in the WWE. I think he's a top 50 guy. Not #1 and not in the top 10.
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    i agree...............bump heenan and put andre at 9..............put hart at 10. heenan can be 11.
  10. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    IMO, the undertaker is the best character in wrestling history.....mark callous is the best big man of all time. he absolutely lived and sold the character. he had the promos and the in ring down to a tee. not only is the undertaker the best character, it is also the best in ring entrance of all time.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is another of the greatest characters, along with Sting (but we are talking WWE), Jake "the Snake" Roberts, Kane, and to be honest Vince McMahon,
    Pessimist_cowboy likes this.
  11. MichaelWinicki

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Mark is a terrific wrestling "big man". He's close to the best... I'd rate him the 4th best big man behind Hogan, Andre and Bruiser Brody. I'd rate him ahead of guys like Ernie Ladd and Blackjack Mulligan.

Vince & crew is terrific at creating characters. By far the best in the business. The problem I have with the characters is that their mic work suffers because they're so far removed from who they really are.

Also the characters cause the whole thing to be less real... Yeah, it's not real but compare the Undertaker character to say Bruiser Brody's. It's much easier to believe that Brody was a certifiable lunatic who was likely to do just about anything than it was believing the Undertaker's character.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    I kinda liked Ernie The Big Cat Ladd myself.
  13. Sarge

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Dominic DeNucci was also an early favorite of mine.
  14. MichaelWinicki

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Oh, I'm a huge Ladd fan myself. I'm not sure he's a top-50 wrestler of all time but he's certainly in the top-100 (closer to 50 than 100). I don't think Ladd was the best worker as far as making his opponent look good, but his mic work was excellent and he could draw as a top-flight heel in most regions.
  15. MichaelWinicki

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Dominic was huge in the north east. He was Bruno Jr. when it came to using his ethnic appeal to win fans over and to draw. He was stiff in the ring but he was a hoot when he "lost his temper".

Not a top-200 wrestler but a solid guy for any promotion. He was always willing to do the job to an up & coming heel. Quite often a future heel challenger to Bruno or Backland would face and beat Dominic in a TV match.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,289 Messages
    3,603 Likes Received
    Carlos Colon into the HOF? Really? That's kinda weak.
  17. MichaelWinicki

31,636 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    They (the WWE) are inducting Colon into the HOF?
  18. Sarge

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Not one mention of Tony Atlas?.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,934 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Couldn't you say the same about Austin?
  20. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,934 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Austin had some pretty good heels. Triple H, Kane, Undertaker, The Rock were all early heels for him. Then later on The Big Show and Kurt Angle. Not to mention Vince McMahon was a great heel, one of the best, people just love to hate him.