1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vince Russo replaced as head of TNA Creative.

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    THANK YOU DIXIE CARTER!!!!

2. Cowboy Brian

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    and a quote from WrestlingForum.com poster "Boss P" that I fully agree with...

3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Brother Love is running TNA now?

:laugh2:
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    He LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEESSSS You!

I don't follow the stuff now but I remember him back in the day. The character was lame but I have to admit he made me laugh with the loooove you lines.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,324 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    No matter that he played that character on TV he's still far better for booking than Russo.

Russo is absolute garbage. This is definately a great move by Carter and TNA.
  6. Cowboy Brian

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Zrinkill is more qualified as a wrestling booker than Vince Russo is.
  7. zrinkill

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    To bad I cannot say the same about 18 year old know-nothings.
  8. zrinkill

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received

I agree with this ..... though I do not think he is good enough to save that hot mess.
  9. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,071 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Prichard has been around the creative process in pro wrestling for a long time. He actually understands basic booking concepts that have stood the test of time and draw money. I personally think TNA needs a fresher face as head of creative. But Prichard is far better than Russo.

I'm paraphrasing Jackson Pollock, but he once said that in order to break all of the rules and be revolutionary in your work, you first must master playing by the rules so you can understand the boundaries and know how to work outside of them.

I think that's advice Russo could've used. He just thought he could 'break all of the rules' when it came to writing pro wrestling because the traditional booking 'rules' were dumb and outdated. He never understood that there's a reason why many traditional booking 'rules' have been around so long...they've worked.

YR
  10. BraveHeartFan

23,324 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    It depends heavily on a handful of things.

Will he take Sting out of that stupid Joker role? If so then that's a huge first step.

Is he going to get AJ and Samoa Joe back into the main event and going after the belt? That's two huge helps right there.

How far is he going to push this Roode deal? Is he going to give him a much deserved, and overdue, run as the man? If so then he's on the right track.

Will he start phasing Hogan out of the product from a weekly basis standpoint? There is simply no good reason to have Hogan, or Bish, on TV every single week. Neither should be involved in any sort of stable or serious storyline. If he starts doing that then he's once again moving in a positive direction.

If he makes the right moves, and decisions, on just those topics right there he can improve TNA's show by a TON.
  11. zrinkill

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received

I agree with all this as well.

The problem with TNA is they are owned by Panda Energy International and controlled by an administrative board of Panda Energy executives.

This board will push to keep Hogan in the spotlight because he is the most famous wrestler on the roster.

They are very similar to WCW without the huge payroll ...... they are a wrestling company run by people who do not understand or even like pro wrestling.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Getting rid of Hogan, Flair and Bischoff should be #1. TNA was started to be a younger more exciting brand of wrestling. Going back to their roots should be the first priority.
  13. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They need to make some changes...Sting needs to be Sting again. Say bye-bye to Jeff Hardy permanently...the business is obviously not suited to him. Get rid of Hogan too & let him play with his midgets. Z would not want to work for them. He would probably have to take a paycut! :)
  14. BraveHeartFan

23,324 Messages
    950 Likes Received

All of these are excellent points and I definately agree with them.
  15. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would hope that Ric would be able to stay in wrestling somehow...just not wrestling. I bet Vince would give him a job. How about get rid of Vicki & let Ric have a stable of guys he could manage. Fans love the guy..he's infinitely more entertaining than Hulk & Eric.
  16. Cowboy Brian

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I'd keep Hardy. When he's on he's one of the most entertaining in the industry.
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,071 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Problem is he's completely unreliable. And he's the type of guy that would be on top of a 'wrestling death pool' list. If, god forbid, that did happen...the criticism TNA would get isn't worth having him on the roster.

YR
  18. Cowboy Brian

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Can't really argue that. However it also can be said, he can captivate an audience in the ring like Punk can on the mic.
  19. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's no longer worth the baggage...he is good & fun to watch but so are alot of others. Move on. He has already messed up there just as he did in WWE. Actually even a bigger screwup because that was a PPV & fans pay alot of money to watch. He is not suited for the business any longer. He is not dependable. He can go work for the tattoo industry..write a book..
  20. Cowboy Brian

11,892 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    They gave him another chance. I hope he proves doubters wrong, but I dont know if he can.