1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vincent Jackson Traded... but Trade Held Up

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by peplaw06, Sep 5, 2010.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjsAtR5CV.KCUgc8ogMu_Hc5nYcB?slug=jc-stalledjacksontrade090510

He has come to terms with an undisclosed team on a contract, but the trade is not going through right now. The issue is that the Chargers placed him on the reserved/left team roster exempt status. That's apparently supposed to mean Jackson would have to miss three games (6 total after his 3 game suspension for off the field behavior is over).

The Union is seeking emergency arbitration to determine if his roster exempt status applies only to the club who placed him on that status, or if it applies to the acquiring club as well.

Wonder if it was us??:laugh2:
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,946 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I would take Jackson in a heartbeat...
  3. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

7,012 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Seattle
  4. jchap

jchap Active Member

701 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Of course its not us. Haven't you read these forums. Jerry has no money and can't afford Tom Jackson much less Vincent Jackson.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Said it was a 1-year contract.

Gotta be Washington. You know they are dying to pay a lot of money, send drafts picks and watch Jackson sign somewhere else next year.
  6. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Yeah, can the new Washington GM restrain the Snyderesque tendancies? My money would be on Seattle, as they seem likely to do anything. Positively Raiderish now.
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was thinking Seattle, Minny, Niners or Skins.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    I'd rather it not be Minny.

It makes sense because they want to get all they can get out of Favre but he would definitely give them boost.
  9. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,504 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    The Vikings are the only team that makes sense.

Seattle is rebuilding...they aren't taking on a headache, suspended guy...this isn't a year they expect to win much.

Washington is also unlikely for the same reason...they are hurting for receivers, but Shannahan has enough issues on his hands right now without taking on another troubled child...he won't want that.

The Vikings are desperate...they barely talked Favre into coming back...every year is critical as he gets older and likely worse...most don't think there's anyway he can repeat what he did last year. They lost their #1 receiver and down field big play guy to hip surgery...the other kid is week to week with his health and migraines.

The Vikings won't care if they can resign him after the season anyway...they want to win now....they have to win now.

You can bet it's the Vikings.
  10. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    You think they are the only team that would take a chance on a big time WR? Please. Any and every team would do it for the right price.

* I think it would be Seattle. They already have talked to him. They have a relic in Branch, an unknown in Mike Williams and a rookie at WR. You have a veteran QB. No such thing as rebuilding anymore. You can go from bottom to top with a key free agent move like this.
  12. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    I'll hang on this theory
  13. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what about the Rams? Avery is done for the season and Bradford could use a big target like Jackson.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    This kind of sarcasm is only effective if it actually IS us. :D
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hmmm I wonder if the trade will actually go through?
  16. flashback

flashback Real Man of Genius

707 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe we're sending them RW11 and their 7th back...
  17. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

863 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    iddo that in a heartbeat but wed have 3 #1 style recievers on the team. id like to see RW11 gone tho for right price
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,964 Likes Received
    I love how now that I'm in school, I fully understand terms like "arbitration."

There's no way we'd trade for Jackson, though I'd take him. Talk about a 4-wide set that's brutal to defend: Williams, Austin, Bryant, Jackson. With Felix or Choice motioning out wide or Witten in the slot.

GROSS.

But yeah, I think it's going to be Seattle or Minnesota. Maybe St. Louis.
  19. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,011 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    I hope the trade is dead along with the Chargers season.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    Yeah what the heck.