1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vinny Curry

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,043 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏ @TonyPauline Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Received another glowing report on Vinny Curry's performance yesterday. Again, someone that said late first round.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,043 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Likely not there at 45 for those of you who like him.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,043 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Marhall's Vinny Curry continued the momentum of the morning's brilliant workout with a first-class practice session. Curry ran through a battery of linebacker and defensive line drills for almost 45 minutes, a session in which one scout on hand referred to as "masterful." Looking athletic and explosive, coaches were impressed with the mental toughness and tenacity Curry showed throughout the workout. During linebacker drills, engineered by the Arizona Cardinals, Curry flowed well around the field, quickly changing direction without losing balance. The New Orleans Saints and Detroit Lions handled the defensive line drills and again, Curry was up to the task in every test. There was a feeling from teams departing the workout that Curry is now back in the conversation as a potential pick in the bottom half of round one.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html#ixzz1pKOMwa7M
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,043 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Marshall's pro day is also underway, and Vinny Curry has posted marks that were significantly better than his combine results.

In the 40, Curry has run several times under 4.7 seconds, with a fast time of 4.65 seconds. His best time at the combine was 4.87 seconds. Curry also completed 28 reps on the bench press and posted a vertical jump of 35.5 inches, the latter a 3.5-inch improvement from the combine.

Why was Curry so much better today? The word was nerves got the better of one of the draft's best pass-rushers at the combine. His running form led to poor times in the 40. Today's marks were more in line with the expectations of scouts. Curry is presently taking part in position drills.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html#ixzz1pKPZibpH
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I like him and Jared Crick equally at that spot, but right now I find myself rooting for Peter Konz there.

Yes burm, I know he may die.
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,409 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    would love Curry here...not sure he would make it to us in the second rd

maybe trade back up into the 1st to get him:D
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    wow you really do not like that kid.

Well I guess the best we can hope for is that when it comes back its just bad enough for him to quit football