1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WaPo: Republicans Propagating Falsehoods in Attacks on Health-Care Reform

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TheRat, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,720 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    What exactly is that hope based on? All the breakthroughs scientist all over the world have made with embryonic stem cells? Or is it all the breakthroughs that have been made with adult stem cells? Both have been researched extensively for awhile now...only one has proven results.
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

17,884 Messages
    3,503 Likes Received
    this is just stupid scare tactics. nobody is trusting their prostate with DC. they are trusting it with their physician. Now you are trying to say we dont have the medical infrastructure to get HC to everyone. you just vaccilate from position to position.
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Posts like this take me back to November 4th 2008.
    America's worst day...September 11,December 7...pic nics.
  4. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To those touting embryonic stemcell research, let me ask you... What has that done for us? What "breakthroughs" have been made?

And I can't believe that people actually believe that our healthcare is about to get better if we go socialized... The grass is always greener I guess.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

17,884 Messages
    3,503 Likes Received
    the saddest part about you is that completely fail to come up with a rebuttal that either contains empirical evidence or logic. instead you try to blather about credibility and other nonsense.

you keep spewing your ******** and ill continue to call you on it. you keep up with your crdibility nonsense and ill continue presenting my position intelligently. may the chips fall where they may.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

17,884 Messages
    3,503 Likes Received
    no one said anything about embryonic versus no. that was just someone inserting it into the discussion.

most of the adult stem cell 'advances' are from turning adult cells into embryonic stem cells anyway. china can clone humans via this method.
  7. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Here's a great site if you want the dirt on stem cell research.

http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/

I'm no doctor but I don't have a problem with either type of research. Even though it appears that adult stem cell research has a great deal of success stories so far, the above site provides pros and cons of both types of research.

"Human embryonic and adult stem cells each have advantages and disadvantages regarding potential use for cell-based regenerative therapies. One major difference between adult and embryonic stem cells is their different abilities in the number and type of differentiated cell types they can become. Embryonic stem cells can become all cell types of the body because they are pluripotent. Adult stem cells are thought to be limited to differentiating into different cell types of their tissue of origin."
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Should I make yours a one way ticket then?
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

17,884 Messages
    3,503 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

again with your nonsense. how is saying what china can do make me want to move there?
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You are the one pimping their cloning capabilities...not me.
  11. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,936 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    They're going to take up trades like carpentry and plumbing, right? Or maybe they'll move into sales - insurance, stocks and bonds, or used cars. Or maybe the arts. yeah - they'll all become writers.

You ever notice how many conservative agendas are only advanced by horrific scenarios of 'life as we know it' coming to an end if the electorate doesn't fall in line muy pronto?

Yeah, me neither. :blind:
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,936 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Name one developed country moving away from univeral single-payer health care to a private insurance-based health care system. Take your time, too. All the time you'll need - and you'll need a lot. Because NONE of them are. Why you ask?

Because, silly person... WE are the model for that system - and that system has failed. Miserably.

But keep spinning it about how the the advanced technological state of the health care AVAILABLE in our system has ANYTHING to do with the failure of that system to deliver adequate health care to ALL Americans.

You are lost. And those that follow your thinking will also be lost. Because this isn't just about you - or me. This is about all of us.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,637 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    BS suspect you are just shilling for the messiah. Whatever he wants you want.
  14. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please, for the sake of us all, move your happy *ss to a country with Socialized medicine and no internet connection. I think we'd all be better off. I'll even fund your move if you sign legal documents stating you'll never come back to the United States or show your "silly" *ss on this forum again.
  15. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know why they're not moving away from it? Because its almost impossible to move away after you're there! Why do you think so many Americans are so passionate about fighting this thing?
    It would be political suicide for any politician to suggest ditching a universal system once you're there. People become lazy and stupid. They get the full entitlement mindset. We're not there... Yet.

Healthcare is not a right... I just can't understand why some of you people are so excited to have the government running something else.
  16. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,104 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    you're the one telling artie he uses no real evidence in his posts and that's all you do homeslice. you misread everything i said in that post and made up a bunch of stuff in it's place and got all uppity about that cause that's all you do.

rag on people and go HAHA BUTTHURT BOY!

you're just here to be a peckerhead and i'm not playing that game.
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This is ridiculous and completely endemic of a spoiled rotten generation.
    Our system hasn't failed in any sense of the word, you just take the partisan hot button phrases as truth and leave reasoned thinking at the door. Allowing well oiled talking heads to dole out your opinion for you.

Our sick aren't dying in the streets. Our institutions aren't disease ridden hovels. A bunch of malcontents cry that someone isn't paying their way, a few tragic stories, complete with compelling music are paraded around and reality is distorted by gross generalizations.

While those of us, by whom our system is doing quite well, the millions of us, not susceptible to Hollywood style subversion can only wonder how perfectly healthy humans, at the pinnacle of a societies strength, wealth and being can fall for this politically charged crapola. Denying the reality that the numbers of a system don't lie. The bloated 50 million number. With no demographical scrutiny of what that number contains. While the other 250 million is seen as failure. Utterly ridiculous.

Yet you keep telling us how stupid your idols opponents in the political arena are. :rolleyes:
  18. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Embryonic stem cells have been shown to be effective in treating certain types of blindness. But even if that was not the case you are using really really bad logic. Maybe we should stop doing research on certain types of cancer treatments because they haven't been shown to be effective YET. What you are saying is just ridiculous.

Moreover, adult stem cells are pluripotent, in that they can only create certain types of tissues. For example, hematopoietic stem cells, which are adult stem cells, can only produce blood cells and a few other tissues, but nothing else. Embryonic stem cells are totipotent, in that they can be used to create every type of tissue. So the potential for embryonic stems is much much greater.
  19. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Medical bills make up half of bankruptcies

Study finds most bankruptcy filers had health insurance

BOSTON - Costly illnesses trigger about half of all personal bankruptcies, and most of those who go bankrupt because of medical problems have health insurance, according to findings from a Harvard University study to be released Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6895896/

Ahem Medicare:rolleyes:
    [IMG]
  20. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,731 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    This whole thread could have ended right here. Well said.