1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WaPo: Republicans Propagating Falsehoods in Attacks on Health-Care Reform

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TheRat, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    I was concerned about the US economy even with Bush in office and what I see with Obama is a guy spending a hell of a lot more in a little over 6 months than what the Bush administration spent.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    The Bush tax cuts saved us. Revenue went up despite the worst terrorist attack in the history of our nation combined with the worst natural disaster in our history.

I have to chuckle at the clowns that continually refer to Bush to justify what Obama is doing. The vast majority of self proclaimed conservatives on this site called out Bush when he was wrong just as we call out Obama when he is wrong. Obama just happens to be wrong much more often then Bush.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    I agree and the simple fact is the tax cuts are not the reason we went into recession. The mortgage meltdown and credit crunch many put themselves into have caused this current problem.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    It has a direct correlation to debt ratio. I mean, I think everybody was concerned, probably for different reasons, when the Bush Administration was in office. If you look at the Bush years, I don't think you can say that Tax cuts were a negative thing necessarily. They did aid economic growth. The cost of the War, well I think that was a concern and it ultimately cost the Republican Party but any sane person has to look at what's going on today and be that much more concerned. I mean, the amount being spent is crazy. It will ultimately lead to disaster if not stopped soon.
  5. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,711 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Silly person - YOU live in a country with 'socialized medicine'. That you don't know it - hardly comes as a shock.

Seriously. Look it up. :D
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    were you concerned about the budget then? did you speak out against the spending?

i don't recall you ever doing that in any id form or login name.

now, if you DID do that, and said it was wrong to spend $ on, then do the same now and quit going "well he did it first!!!" as a way to justify even more stupidity.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    At the time I was upset that we didn't put the surplus towards securing Social Security for the foreseeable future as Al Gore proposed in the 2000 campaign.

And the deficit is the least of my concerns when we are in a recession. Deficit spending is actually good during a recession. Obviously when conditions get better you want to start paying down the debt to avoid inflation. But it is conservatives who always complain about spending because of its effects on the deficit, then turn around and support measures that have negative consequences for the deficit. I just find it a bit hypocritical.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    that's ok. i find just about everything you say hypocritical.

it always has to slide your way and if it doesn't, make up ******** reasons why it should, throw out useless "facts" and twist up what someone else says.

it's people like you that make me wish a permanant ban were permanant.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,028 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    When is the last time a social program got smaller? When is the last time a Democratic Congress balanced the budget or payed down a deficit? Hypocritical is somebody from the left telling me that the best time to spend is during a recession and backing it up by saying we can always pay down the debt to avoid inflation when this, to my knowledge, has never happened with a Democratic Congress in office.
  10. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Now that wasn't nice, was it.
  11. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The '93 Congress when they passed the budget that year.

Oh and to your last point, Congress during WWII and the Depression.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

35,028 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    It was the Rebublicans who forced Clinton into a balanced budget and the 80th U.S. Congress, which would have been the first U.S. Congress elected after the War was Republican in both House and Senate.
  13. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Ahem:
  14. ABQCOWBOY

35,028 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    They printed more treasury bonds to pay down the debt, which is exactly what this administration is doing. They didn't balance it. They baited and switched it.