1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ware and witten the washed up, nice guy crew

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Oct 27, 2013.

1. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,379 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    fair enough, I think we all would need to know what Dez was saying before we draw any conclusions one way or the other. Listening to his interview, I'm inclined to believe his passion comes from a great place and isn't just being a loud mouth to cover for a lack of ability, talent or effort.

We've all seen those players that make bold claims or discredit their opponent in an effort to pump themselves up by backing themselves into a corner in the hopes they'll fight their way out of it. I don't get that sense at all with Dez.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,996 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    I agree... It's time to clean house. It has been proven time and time again this core group cannot and will not win here in Dallas!
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  3. bracey

bracey Active Member

931 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Guess this guy is unprofessional too:

This guy too:

And before I get the, It's OK for QBs....no, that has nothing to do with it. It's OK for team leaders. Which Dez has become.
  4. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,946 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    I agree we should wait and see what was said and I understand why he was frustrated.
    yimyammer likes this.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,320 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    This is an emotional sport not the military. You aren't anyone to call someone a child. You're not in their shoes and have no idea what's being said or happening. You can sit on your soap box and call someone out all you want. If he was a 10 year old child I would agree but he's a grown man playing an emotional game and if you can't see the difference I feel sorry for you.

My grand father was a Vietnam Vet a pilot and helped invent the night goggles and he was a very vocal man. Sorry it's all an opinion and doesn't make you right and everyone else wrong. Playing this sport for as long as I've had and been on a sideline where grown men have cried there is so much emotional when you are in fight or flight and high intensity
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,130 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Cowboys could have used a healthy Ware today. Neither are washed up but there are a lot of fans with unrealistic expectations and limited memories.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  7. chuffly

chuffly Well-Known Member

1,976 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Well said. I think Dez's heart is in the right place (and that was confirmed in my opinion by his postgame interview), and a little fire might be a useful counterbalance to some of the personalities on this team, the last tirade wasn't the time or place. When there is still time left on the clock and you have to get back in the game in a short bit, you can't start losing it on the sidelines. You just can't.
  8. CowboyStar88

4,320 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    It's a football game it does not apply to real life jobs they are not held to the same standard not by the laws and not by anyone except for someone saying I would get fired if I did that at my job. Dumb comparison
    PA Cowboy Fan and StarBoyz83 like this.
  9. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,946 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    To each his own I guess.

Tell your grand father thanks for his service.
    jobberone likes this.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,961 Messages
    3,909 Likes Received
    Right. I don't think anyone really hates the passion that Dez displays. Nor do they mind if he's upset with how things played out. But there's gotta be more in-game awareness.
    5Stars likes this.
  11. CowboyStar88

4,320 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    He passed away working on the night goggles project.. But thank you.. Yours as well
  12. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,154 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    He needs to learn how to channel that passion. It's ok to jump on a teammate but briefly then you let it go. And you can't do it often either. Irvin needs to talk to him as well as his counselor. That's a time for encouragement although for a young guy with that much passion for the game that's difficult.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,087 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Well, that is what you get from a player with that competitive fire. We had another Bryant, Antonio. He threw his jersey at Parcells.

For some stupid reason, I bet Irvin was smiling excited... liking him...and proud of him for his outbursts. Showing passion for the game and his teammates. I bet all of the team heard it...and I liked too.
    Frozen700 and CowboysYanksLakers like this.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Exactly

Dez has more balls and heart than anyone offense. Which is why we get no respect.....half the crap teams talk to us they would not dare step to another team and try them as hard
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  15. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,822 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    you are right..call a spade a spade. those 2 are envisioning themselves in the ring of honor. And maybe the HOF. And they have been paid very well on top of that. But they are leaders of a core that has been the most disappointing era in Cowboys history. I have asked this question before. Have we EVER put anyone in the Ring of Honor with as little postseason success as these 2?
    Blackspider214 and CowboyStar88 like this.
  16. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,810 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Witten's one of those guys I badly wish wasn't associated with this era of failures. His toughness is a thing of legend, he's as classy as they come and he's devoted to his craft. On most teams, his approach would help swing the pendulum for a team. Here? It results in threads like these where he's associated with a decade of mediocrity.
    Chocolate Lab and tko112204 like this.
  17. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,277 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I get what you're saying but now you're basically asking Dez, the only magic trick left in the bag- who you've ignored all game despite his pleas- to make a play when he's been there all day to make them and not feel frustration? If he put his helmet on and said nothing and stood there at the LOS with :12 left I'd be upset. But in his mind it's all in vain, and it let's face it it is at that point.
    CowboyStar88, bracey and Corso like this.
  18. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Add me too. I agree with the lout.
    CowboyStar88 and Frozen700 like this.
  19. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Yup, the guy's PC through and through.

Not a bad thing... or maybe it is.

I don't know anymore.

Irvin was gas and flame during games and people want to put out Dez's?
    Frozen700 likes this.
  20. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,959 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    If he's not threatening violence, I guess he's too soft.