1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ErikWilliamsHeadSlap, Mar 9, 2014.

1. ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap Member

62 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Anyone think we will have the final answer on Ware by Tuesday? Because if we do not then it seems to me that we are gearing up for 2015. Probably the right thing to do as it would indicate that the brain trust realizes this is not a one off-season fix. Which would further indicate they will draft best player available regardless of position. And that should give us hope we are finally headed in the right direction.

If the decision comes tomorrow, then you have to assume we are targeting someone at the start of F.A.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,995 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    no, but i'll bet we start 8 more ware status threads by then.

just can't get enough of 'em.
    jazzcat22 likes this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,142 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing!
  4. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Cowboys asked him to take a paycut, and they did so before the start of free agency. That would suggest that they wanted to clear up space for free agency.

They didn't ask him at the end of the season, they didn't ask him in the summer.

If Ware isn't released by Monday, the Front Office has very little credibility going forward. With that being said, they could ask him to take another pay cut again in the summer and if not threaten to release him when there is very little money left out there, but I honestly don't think they would do that to him. The appropriate thing to do is to cut him now. Let both parties end things on good terms.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,526 Messages
    1,842 Likes Received
    #WareWatch2014
    TheCowboy likes this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,258 Messages
    2,821 Likes Received
    I'm sure the Cowboys would love to clear out some cap room for FA. But to say at the FO has very little credibility by not releasing him tomorrow is overboard. Extremely overboard.
    Corso, Kaiser and AmishCowboy like this.
  7. Galian Beast

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Not really.

Front Office: DeMarcus, we want you to take a paycut.
    DeMarcus Ware: No, thanks.
    Front Office: Okay.

If that doesn't sound like a loss of credibility, I'm not sure what does.
  8. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,225 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Overboard? On the Zone? Shut the front door!
    ShiningStar, rockj7, Kaiser and 2 others like this.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,258 Messages
    2,821 Likes Received
    Acting or not acting on their request tomorrow has nothing to do with them losing credibility. They cut wait until June for all I care. The last I check there is plenty of off season left to go before something HAS to be done. Tomorrow is just the next day on the calendar.
    Corso and Kaiser like this.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,031 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    If they want to do certain things in free agency don't they need an answer by Tuesday? I know they're already under the cap but can they go over the cap during free agency as long as they get back under it by a certain date?(I thought they needed to be under the cap by the start of free agency.) If so, then the Ware thing could go on for a very long time. If not, then they need to decide on a paycut or release before FA starts right?

I'm sure it's been said but can someone clarify?
  11. Galian Beast

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received

Already addressed...
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,245 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Cut ware, with no backup. Spend over 8 mil to cut him, and then spend more millions for his replacement. And then draft a young DE

lol this forum has all the answers.
    Kaiser, Loso86, Wheeltax and 2 others like this.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,325 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Jerry isn't just letting his pet cat walk. He'll probably be a Cowboy for life..
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,802 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Mostly w/o knowing the questions!
    Kaiser and Wheeltax like this.
  15. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

578 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    The front office has very little credibility now. Nothing they do or don't do in the next day or two will change that. The FO is broken and needs fixed, if that doesn't happen 8-8 is the best we can hope for, cutting Ware doesn't change that.
    DenCWBY and ufcrules1 like this.
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,520 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    I'm sick of the whole deal, period. I want the team to move on, but if he's going to stay, let us know already.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

4,802 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Im sure if Jerry realized you felt this way it would have been taken care of already!
  18. Galian Beast

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    They've tried to negotiate this in public, and now they've kept fans entirely in the dark. That is only part of the problem here. The other part of the problem is this is a really poor way to do business, and I'm sure no player or agent will respect this front office based on this.

Unless you're a player that is expendable like Costa, apparently you aren't getting cut.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

4,802 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  20. black label

black label Active Member

177 Messages
    182 Likes Received