1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warmack and Frederick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jnday, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't know about you guys, but Warmack from Bama and Frederick from Wisconsin would make me feel much better about the interior line. I know Dallas won't spend the draft picks but I can dream.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    You know those guys wont sell gear or suites. Come on man.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach
    Bama ran behind Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones about 80-percent of time on that drive
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That is the sad truth. I would be happy if Dallas would just get one of these guys.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Frederick is much more like a OG than a Center. He was moved to C this year but was better as an OG.

Swanson is my favorite C and I bet he comes out this year due to everything going on at Arkansas.

I don't see any way Jerry drafts an OG in the 1st, maybe a center or a OG if its late 1st, but I see a DE, NT, WR, and even Safety before OG in the 1st.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Holmes of USC for me at center
  7. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Unless he has to face Lotueli(?) from Utah a lot. Star OWNED him that game - made him look like he has no lower body strength at all.
  8. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    yeah and he struggled vs Stanford too. I'm not a big fan of Holmes, I think he will drop after workouts and the combine. He doesn't have great strength.
  9. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    you must not watch many football games or your just a USC fan. There are about 3 or 4 better centers in this country, try watching other games.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Strength is the main thing lacking in Dallas. I want big, strong linemen that can get movement at the LOS.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,066 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    IMO, this center class is weak. Reguardless I don't see us picking a centervery high. I seeus picking a guard in round 1 depending where we pick or round 2 if someone really good falls to us in round 1.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    man you really are unaware of a lot
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received

I Tivo’d the USC/Utah game specifically to see Holmes and Lotulelei. I’ve watched it mulitple times now, isolating on Holmes.

I’ve read in multiple places that Lotulelei owned Holmes in that game. I can understand that if someone watched the game in real time without rewinding that it might appear that Lotulelei was killing Holmes, especially if you listen to the announcers; however, I just don’t agree.

I was impressed with Holmes ability to block Lotulelei 1-on-1 on mulitple occasions.

I watched the 1st half again and noted what I saw.
    Single Blocked = Holmes blocked Lotulelei 1-on-1
    Double Team Block = Homes involved in the block with another Olineman against Lotulelei
    Other = Holmes blocked someone other than Lotulelei
    Win = Holmes keeps Lotulelei from affecting the play
    SL = Star Lotulelei
    KH = Khaled Holmes

Play-by-Play:

Win, Single Block
    Win, Single Block, Low Shotgun Snap. QB has his hands on it but can’t maintain possession.
    Win, Single Block
    Other
    Lose, Single Block, KH can't step back because the QB didn't get the ball. SL knocks KH backwards. Not sure if fault is KH or QB.
    Win, Single Block
    Other, SL blew up the RB in the backfield. At first this appeared to be KH's fault; however, in slow-motion review, KH was trying to get to his left to block someone else. The RG, RT, TE and FB all end up trying to block the 1 guy lined up between the RG and RT. Although the hole was open and KH was not attempting to block SL, SL slammed in to the side of KH before bursting through unblocked to get the RB.
    Win, Single Block
    Facemask Against Utah. This was a stretch run play that KH was losing, but the penalty negated the play.
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Other
    Win, Single Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Single Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Other
    Win, Single Block
    Win, Single Block
    Other
    Other
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Single Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Double Team Block, This is a great play by Holmes. He is the primary blocker against SL and then drops into the backfield to pick up a free rusher coming from the outside.
    Other
    Flase Start on USC, SL knocks KH to the ground.
    Win, Single Block
    Win, Single Block
    Other
    Win, Double Team Block
    Win, Double Team Block
    Other
    Other
    Other
    Win, Single Block
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    I agree that the more strength the better; however, keep in mind that Callahan is trying to implement a Zone Blocking Scheme. The ZBS requires very quick players to function properly.

At OG, I like Jonathan Cooper because the is both Strong and Quick. He is not as strong as Warmack (who is), but Cooper is much much quicker. Also, he can play Center.