1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warner or Brees?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 21, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,086 Messages
    5,622 Likes Received
    Brees is playing the Green Bay

Warner is playing the Giants
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,910 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    That's a tough one. Both have pretty good pass defenses. I'd probably go Brees. I just see Warner getting knocked around pretty good against that Giants defense.
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Same here, the Giants will be getting to Warner all game long imo. Causing him to throw some picks.

Brees is on pace to break the NFL Record for passing, how can you sit him! (I got him too :D, Rivers is my other Qb.)
  5. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I disagree.
  6. ajk23az

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Great argument!

Dude I live in Tempe, AZ. I see EVERY Cardinals game, my most hated team besides the NFCE Rivals. The Giants have extremely smart linebackers, they arent going to allow all of those quick slants that they used non stop vs. the Seahawks and practically every other team.

The 2 TOUGH pass defenses they have played against they've lost to. the Redskins, and the Panthers.

If you don't think the Giants pass defense is good, look again. They are only giving up 174 yards a game through the air second to the all mighty steelers. Warner is going to have it tough.

The next 2 games for the Cardinals are huge, if they lose both, they will be pretenders. The ONLY decent team they beat is us, and that was without, Newman, Kosier & Felix for part of the game.

Warner is having a great year, but he is doing it to nobody teams. Romo would be throwing for 350 yards and 3 TDs a game too if we played the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams 2 times a year.
  7. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,077 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey, I have them both on my team too and was gonna post a thread about who to start...

I'm starting Warner, btw.
  8. WoodysGirl

66,086 Messages
    5,622 Likes Received
    Brees has been my default starter all year, but Warner has been putting up ridiculous numbers.

Brees, OTOH, has turned in some questionable games the last couple weeks.
  9. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I live in NJ i see all Giants games. They are will get picked apart by the Cardinals. We will just see though. Fitz and Boldin will be to much for them in the end. Watch.......I think Green Bays defense will force more turnovers than NY defense.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,875 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    Put me down for Brees.
  11. ajk23az

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Your thinking is here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Reality is here
  12. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:rolleyes:
  13. WoodysGirl

66,086 Messages
    5,622 Likes Received
    I'm going with Warner today. *crossing fingers*
  14. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you made the right choice.
  15. WoodysGirl

66,086 Messages
    5,622 Likes Received
    I don't think I could've gone wrong with Brees either. Just switching it up cuz I don't think the Gints can cover both Boldin and Fitz.
  16. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we'll see you could go wrong depends one could not put up more than 15 and the one of the bench could put up 40+

Good luck....I hope Warner has a huge day = win for the Cards = boys1 more step closer to winning the division.
  17. ajk23az

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Decent day for Warner only plus is his 350 yards, the fumble and int pretty much negates his ONE td pass.

Now onto Brees tomorrow night..
  18. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea he put up 30 points in my league. Normally they throw the ball instead of running it in down at the goal line.
  19. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He put up 19 points in my league. Did you end up losing because of T.O.s domination?
  20. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Surprisingly I was able to make a come back. I think what hurt here was Mcgahee not giving her any points. Reggie Wayne taking a day off also helped.