1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Was Air France disaster a test run?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ologan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,840 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I wondered about this 'accident' being a test run,and in order to avoid suspicion and sound the alarm,was done over an area where they would have a very hard time finding proof.
    If you are wondering why they wouldn't broadcast their success all over the airwaves,perhaps they found a way to successfully do the job,and don't want to alert anybody about a bigger one to come,involving multiple flights. Food for thought.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Terror-Names-Linked-To-Doomed-Flight-AF-447-Two-Passengers-Shared-Names-Of-Radical-Muslims/Article/200906215300405?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15300405_Terror_Names_Linked_To_Doomed_Flight_AF_447%3A_Two_Passengers_Shared_Names_Of_Radical_Muslims
  2. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Doubtful, Al Quida not taking credit for something they've done is about as likely as a politician not wanting the voters to credit him for any economic progress or Gene Simmons not trumpeting his latest sexual conquest.

France has one of the most dense Muslim populations in the West and many of them have extended family or acquaintanceship with unfortunate personalities, whether intentional or accidental, I think this was one of those instances.
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    One problem...the Muslims in South America are predominately Shia, Not Sunni's. AQ is a Sunni group and they don't tend to get along with Shia groups like Hezbullah and Hamas
  4. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Air France seems like a bizarre target though, only three Americans were aboard and to my knowledge no Isrealis, those are the demographics Hamas leaning organizations would covet.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Here's the real reason the plane went down.

[IMG]

:D
  6. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I am personally leaning towards just unfortunate circumstance.

If you are doing a test run, you don't want to tip your hand.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    Too soon.
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Kip Winger shot it down??? :confused:
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Actually, terrorist are the reason a McDonalds Quarter Pounder Combo meal has in excess of 1,000 calories. They are trying to kill the American people with fat!
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    clever bastages...
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably a coincidence. You have to wonder why their background wasn't apparent to AF before they boarded the flight. I mean, they must have their own version of the "no fly" list.
  12. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,840 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Chances are it's a coincidence. I just put on my tin foil hat and let my mind run wild,to wit:
    *Ever since the shoe bomber,Richard Reed,was caught,in mid flight,with something that could have possibly worked,the screws have been tightened on airport security mostly world wide. It has become harder to penetrate the security on a large scale basis,and a large scale attack is what AQ desires. To this end,it would make sense that AQ would be probing,probing,probing as much as possible.
    *Over this period of time that AQ has been probing,possible certain easy targets are identified.Could be that certain airports are more lax than others concerning passenger identification,and over a long period of time,could be identified as such. Possibly the airport in Brazil is one of them.
    * Over this period of time,some hero of radical Islam devises what he thinks is a "can't miss"working plan to sneak a weapon on board an airliner,but needs to test it before implementation on a larger scale. Only problem is,an actual test cannot in any way be tied to AQ,lest every airport in the world automatically tighten the screws even more. There would be time to claim this after the following major attack was successful.
    * In order to do this,they pick a flight that,if the plan is successful,would put the remains of the plane in an almost unreachable place. They may have even gone so far as to pick a number of flights from Brazil to Paris,and moved on a very short notice when the weather conditions were right over or near that area of the Atlantic.
    *Two AQ operatives volunteer to take the flight,and carry out that plan as designed. The plane disappears from radar...cryptic messages come from the plane,all automatic,not pilot generated,which could confirm a sudden de-pressurization catastrophe. The two AQ martyrs would have to be on board to set off the device at precisely the right time. My guess is that they would be testing a new "package" that would be much more sophisticated and easier to conceal than a shoe with a pack of matches,or two containers of some innocous liquid that you would have to mix together and then set off. The two martyrs death messages would be played on Al Jazeera after the main attack to come was successful.
    #Bits and pieces of the plane are found,but no tell-tale traces of semtex or other explosive are identified till a later date. AQ has their proof that the plan works,with no time to affix blame to them before the order is given to carry out the true attack. That order may have already been given,say in OBL's last tape.
    *A multiple attack such as this,does not have to come from a well known airport or hub for it to have the desired effect of crippling air travel worldwide. It sure wouldn't help the world economic situation one bit,now would it.

<Tin foil hat off>