1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Was the trade for Mo worth it?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BTX, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I think it will be worth it, in the long run

Really, who were we going to pick at 14 that would've made a difference on this team?

Brockers was the guy they were targeting. Would he have had a bigger impact than Claiborne? Short and long term?

It's easy to cherry pick better players now, but at the time of the draft, it was either go up and get an elite player or stay put and get a good one.
  2. ragman

ragman Member

203 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    This. They should have taken an OL.
  3. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,344 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty sure we would have drafted Miichael Brockers, the DE from LSU
  4. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    maybe in a few years it may pan out as a good move. But for this year, there were more pressing needs than spending your wad on 2 cbs. Even if Brockers would have been the pick, he may have been out JJ Watt in this scheme. Maybe trade to the late teens and pick up an extra 2nd rounder and address other needs such as safety or OL. Maybe it would have proven that Brockers would have made the difference in our pass rush that we wouldn't have need to spend so many resources at CB.

WE WILL SEE.
  5. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Active Member

208 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    It takes two to tango. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe any team ahead of the Steelers traded up to the early/mid-teens where our original pick was. My guess is it would have been tough to find a taker to was willing to give up a second round pick to move up for a higher first round pick in that neighborhood. If there was a team picking in the early twenties who had their eye one a specific player in that range they likely would have found a trade partner and made it happen.
  6. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Technically we did, if we didn't we would picked 6 and 14
  7. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    We swapped picks would better.
  8. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I'm getting so FLIPPING annoyed at these posts. WE WERE TAKING BROCKERS HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND
  9. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like him better than Newman.

What say you?
  10. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,567 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    yes mo is a gonna be a freakin stud imho. with jekins on his way out, we really needed another good corner. scandrick sucks balls. carr is solid but not much more than that i think. i can live with solid as long as mo can be our stud.
  11. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    As Daniel Bryant would say "yes, Yes, Yes".:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,121 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    It's Danial Bryan and he saying "NO" currently.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Its stupid that people think Mo is suppose to be a top cb 11 games into his career. That's like some on judging Bruce carter this time last year, or Sean lee a couple years back, 11 games into. It's ********.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,753 Messages
    5,159 Likes Received
    yeah well when your owner touts him as being the highest rated cornerback they've scouted since deion sanders, then expectations are going to explode.
  15. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

459 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I believe so.

Our secondary was a major issue after last year and had to be virtually rebuilt. Aside from yesterday, I think they have played better than last year. Mo has had growing pains, but he is a good player and one that will get better, and that is the kind of player we traded up for.

Unfortunately, this team was and still is full of holes, and Jones put all of his resources into the secondary and neglected the equally pathetic offensive line. And yes, I do realize he dropped some money on two very overrated guards. That is where the real mistake was made, imo.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,391 Messages
    1,255 Likes Received
    I like Mo alot, but the GM had his head (guess where) with the we are one player away mentality, along with the lets coach up trash on the O Line menatlity.
  17. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Since when does a Jerry Jones statement garner credibility ?
  18. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,606 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    It is not Carr and Claiborne that are getting torched. Sure, every CB gives up a play or two, but it has been primarily the safeties that are missing assignments. The Foles bomb to Macklin was not on Claiborne. It was on Sensabaugh who went the other way. There is never any safety help.
  19. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Should have gone to 2 and got RG3 and then trade Romo. Now that would have been a trade. Look at all the trade picks that have been wasted lately.
  20. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Our past 3 drafts

Dez
    Lee
    Tyron
    Carter
    Claiborne
    Crawford

Pretty good to me IMO