1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Washington's Cedric Griffin Suspended 4 Games

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by StevenOtero, Dec 4, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,331 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Guys don't take steroids to fix injuries. Everyone knows the steroids themselves don't fix stuff that is broken. They need surgery to do the actually fixing for mcl/acl tears and the like. They use steroids to help in the recovery and rehab of those injuries. They help the body recover faster after a work out, which allows them to get to their next workout sooner. You strengthen those muscle groups around the repaired ligaments and it helps in getting back on the field. And steroids aren't the only things that can help to achieve this.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I really, really hope they find a way to test and find all the cheaters
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,331 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    That would be a large percentage of the league.

I don't care about PEDs. I watch the games to be entertained. If taking PEDs is what it takes for the players to get the most out of themselves, I am all for it.
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Exactly.

NIB in w/ deflect deflect deflect. He just ignores the fact that that team is pull of those using PED's the past couple of years.

I still find it strange that poster shows up to get beat down time and time again. :starspin
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Because the testing caught some of your boys? Let's call this post exactly what it is.

I don't like the testing because it caught some of my BFF Redskin players.

Hilarious
  6. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    How did I deflect? I asked who the six were and I got crickets. :laugh2: There are two, not six. Prove it or shut up.

I love it when people claim to have won an argument while doing nothing or proving nothing. Keep living the lie, buddy. Reality is what you make it to be.
  7. NIBGoldenchild

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I just read an article off the bleacher report stating six players had been caught in two years. Of course, it gives no names and I don't trust sportswriters who vaguely state facts.

Regardless, the article touched on the outrage within the Skins lockerroom, as his fellow offensive linemen know Black wasn't using PEDs, and actually was prescribed something from his doctor for a medical condition, the team and league were aware of it.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    We don't call them the Sk*ns for nothing.
  9. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,214 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Well in that case.... I dont trust Redskins fans that have 478 posts in a Cowboys Forum...... Get outta here...:skins: :suxskins:
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    How many Cowboys have been caught in the last few years using PEDs?
  11. BRAVEONAWARPATH

BRAVEONAWARPATH Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep. They're including Trent and Fred in that 6.

So technically, it's 4 players.

1.)Phillip Buchanon

2.)Jordan Black

3.)Cedric Griffin

4.)I have no clue
  12. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    it's my understanding the league does not divulge what a player failed his test for.

The player can say anything he wants, and the league will not challenge his public statements.

I think all we know with certainty is they tested positive for a banned substance.

edit - and the 6th is Tanard Jackson
  13. BRAVEONAWARPATH

BRAVEONAWARPATH Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're right about the league not revealing it but it's common knowledge in the D.C. area that Williams, Davis and Jackson tested positive for marijuana.

Media and players have basically alluded to it...though as you said, there's no way to prove it one way or another.

Williams and Davis got caught right after the lockout ended.

And as for Jackson, he tested positive (marijuana) before he even signed with Skins.

Jackson (who is a DC-area native) supposedly has a really bad problem with the green stuff. :(
  14. Eric_Boyer

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    considering the public view on pot compared to steroids, I don't put much merit in the public statements of players caught using illegal substances.

why wouldn't they try to claim the more acceptable of drugs? and given they were caught with illegal substances, their integrity is certainly in question to begin with.
  15. Eric_Boyer

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    he was signed in April and suspended in August.
  16. BRAVEONAWARPATH

BRAVEONAWARPATH Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's what I said.

He failed the test as a Buc but was suspended as a Skin.

After attempting to appeal it.
  17. Eric_Boyer

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    where did you get this info?

this was his repeat offense. I find it highly unlikely that it took that long to process his appeal.

And I'm not sure how it even matters. If he failed a test before the skins signed him, they would know about it.
  18. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

946 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    ...so THAT'S why his play reminded me of the Steel Curtain in the 70's. :D
  19. NIBGoldenchild

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Stating six players tested positive for a "banned substance" is a far cry from alluding a whole team is juicing and on PEDs. :rolleyes:
  20. Eric_Boyer

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Another poster pondered if your team has a juicing problem

the only moron that talked about the whole team being on peds is you. :rolleyes: