1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watched a great documentary on Netflix

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by lane, Nov 29, 2012.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

10,385 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    pulling john

it's about john brzenk

the baddest sob arm wrestler ever.

probably the best thing i've watched on netflix thus far.

netflix has been a major disappointment for me.

but this guy here is amazing.
  2. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    How??? There's so much freakin content on there.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check er out.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

10,385 Messages
    339 Likes Received

you'll like it...trust me.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Hit that "Breaking Bad" button. Sit back, and enjoy. Plus they have a ton of good documentaries.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    I saw that a few months back and I did think it was great. The training the guy from Russia does is just out of this world.

Last night I watched "Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden." I really enjoyed it. Especially the call "Geronimo is KIA."

Thought the gal who played Vivian was hot too.
  6. lane

lane The Chairman

10,385 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    you ain't kidding!!

when he held himself up horizontal.

wow..
  7. Hostile

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Yep, blew my mind. At that point I knew he would win, but I can't help but wonder, his prime vs. Brzenk's prime? I just don't know. His sheer size over him makes what Brzenk does even more impressive.

IMO anyway.
  8. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seen it! Great documentary...how arm wrestling can be so interesting I dont know :lmao: I recommend it as well.
  9. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,325 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    I remember watching ABC's Wide World of Sports back in the 70's when they carried that arm wrestling championship deal from Vegas live.

They showed like the semifinal or maybe it was the final match, and this dude's arm snapped clean in half, complete with sound!

It was possibly the most jarring thing I've seen on live TV save for the Theisman leg break.

I get squeamish every time watch anyone arm wrestling to this day.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,226 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    They did a good job on that. Saw it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I agree, Kathleen Robertson is very attractive.
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is it what the movie Over The Top was based on? :laugh2:
  12. Hostile

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    I did not know her name yet as I haven't looked it up. But in that movie she was stunning except for the smoking scene where they get told the mission is a go.
  13. Hostile

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    I was supposed to be involved with that movie in a very weird way. I worked for a company that makes automatic snow chains and they were going to have a scene where on his way to a match or to see his son he used them. I helped install them on the truck. But the scene never made it to film or was edited out. Hey, they paid for them and I got a commission on it.
  14. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Watched this on your recomendation... VERY entertaining...

Believe it or not, that loss inspired Brzenk and he is the #1 ranked arm wrestler again... at age 48... Bagent is #2... Voyevoda retired in 2006 to focus on full time bobsledding...
  15. Hostile

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    If I am not mistaken, and I admit I might be, the match Voyevoda won against Brzenk was in 2004. I think Brzenk has only lost like twice in his 30 year career and for 25 straight years he was unbeaten.

There is no one better and when he lost to Voyevoda he was outweighed by about 65 pounds. I have no idea who the other guy to beat him is or if he is bigger.
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Absolutely.

Another good documentary that's been available on Netflix for a couple of years is "Touching the Void". If any of you haven't seen it, you NEED to see it.
  17. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Watched Pulling John. I think I prefer the movie Over The Top. :laugh2:
  18. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

2,806 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I saw that documentary a few months ago and enjoyed it. That's one of the things I really like about Netflix. I watch documentaries and independent films I would never watch otherwise. I've found some real hidden gems. I've watched documentaries on the Scrabble championship, Monopoly championship, crossword championship, and even the Spelling Bee championship. When you're on the road stuck in a hotel it's better than most of the shows on regular TV and you don't have to worry about commercials every 5 minutes.

I think the best "quirky" documentary I'v seen is The King of Kong. I thought it was a parody or a satire at first, but I soon discovered it was real. I actually started pulling for the guy to break the Donkey Kong record.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    For real.

Lincoln Hawk would tear anyone's arm off and beat them to death with it.
  20. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,967 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Shows and foreign movies is what I love about Netlix.

Also, Into the Abyss was a good documentary.