1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watched a great documentary on Netflix

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by lane, Nov 29, 2012.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    You should read the book called "No Easy Day" if you want a real first hand account of what actually went on during that raid...authored by the Seal Six Team Leader.

I watched that movie after I read the book and some things in the movie did not happen. For instance, in the movie, they say the dog was in the compound, when in real life, the dog and a few other Seals never entered the compound, they were security around the compound.

If you want the book, shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you for FREE! It's the real deal.

;)
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    HBO had the three Paradise Lost documentaries on back-to-back-to-back yesterday. I had never seen any of them and didn't know the story. I thought the documentaries were well done.
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    "Exit through the gift shop" is also a very entertaining documentary available on Netflix.
  4. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I love a good Documentary. Its all I watch if given a choice, I will check it out, thanks for the tip.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I would watch that. Is it called anything in particular? That is by far my favorite board game. I was taught by a lady in my home town who was a riot. She was a tournament player and even though she almost always beat the holy crap out of me I had a ton of fun playing and learning.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    He's probably talking about Word Wars... I haven't seen it but it is on my list...
  7. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,072 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    It was indeed Word Wars. I just realized it's been nearly two years since I watched it.
  8. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Thanks. I'll see if it's on there tonight.
  9. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    So I watched Word Wars last night and I was a bit disappointed in it. I felt like they picked 3 very odd and troubled subjects and one compelling one. I knew a lady who was a tournament Scrabble player. She never won, mostly did it for fun, but she was normal and very funny.

I think they went out of their way to show G.I. Joel as a social misfit, Matt as a neurotic moocher, and Marlon as a druggie with anger issues.

I wanted to know more about some of the players who barely got mentioned and the Washington Park angle was outstanding. Give me more of that and less of those three. I'd like to have seen more of Aldo vs. Edley than just a 2 minute blurb about the rematch showing Edley won 4-3.
  10. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That Breaking Bad is worth 5 years of Netflix payments
  11. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    This book was fantastic. Thank you. I am offering it to my cousin's son who has deployed 9 times.

I am proud of our military and pissed at our leaders. I won't say more because it will become political.

Again, thank you.
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    You're very welcome...
  13. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Same here. That and Boggle which is now manifested on today's smartphones in the form of Scramble with Friends.