1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Waters vs. Suh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DC Cowboy, Oct 22, 2013.

1. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Active Member

676 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    How do you all see this battle? Waters has been solid for us the last couple of weeks but Suh is a hand full.
  2. sideon

sideon Active Member

244 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Surprisingly Suh hasn't had much success against the Boys in the 2 meetings he's had and if he did it was always on the negative side. If the Cowboys can contain Suh they'll be fine, remember the Lions had Calvin the last time they played us and were on their way to being blown out before Garrett/Romo completely threw the game away.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,622 Likes Received
    Garrett?
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    I think he's referring to the fact Garrett was passing the ball rather than running it.
    tico and DuceizBak like this.
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Waters will make Suh run back to his moma and ask.......is Waters really my daddy?
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,354 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    Suh will lose his temper with Waters.
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    I can see Suh getting flagged with personal fouls in this one in frustration
  8. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,180 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    This battle will be epic all game. Suh is a talented knucklehead. Waters is an old school bully with brute strength and a nasty streak. Get your popcorn ready!
    Howboutdemcowboys31 likes this.
  9. tico

tico Active Member

567 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Waters vs Suh will be good. Waters will treat him like a prison *****.

But Carr vs Megatron will be nice.. Church & Carr vs Megatron is better IMO
    remember P.Peterson played a game day against #81 & still couldn't stop him..

So our best bet is Lee/Carter vs Bush is key
    & Selvie/ Hatcher getting after Stafford. are better matchups
    Stats: Dez vs Megatron.....
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Cowboys front just needs to continue to work well as a unit as they deal with stunts and twist from the defensive fronts. Not overly concerned with Sussie lol
  11. jobberone

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    I think you always have to watch Suh. OTOH, you have to game plan CJ.
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    Right, because everyone knows that when you have a nice lead in the THIRD QUARTER it's time to just hand the ball off 3 times and punt on every possession you get!

Better yet, why risk a fumble? Just kneel 3 times and punt.

(Boy, do we have some stupid fans)
  13. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Given that Suh was just fined yet again for his hit on Weeden, I do wonder if perhaps he plays a touch tentative this week and next until he has his meeting with league officials.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    If I were suh I would be more concerned about the opposing teams taking revenge on him. You play dirty like he does you can expect OL going after his knees and using chop blocks. Heck you may pick up a 15 but Suh will find it hard to walk.
  15. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    seems to me Suh only does the dirty stuff against certain players............
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    when you're winning 24 nothing and have a QB with a propensity for bad turnovers, that's exactly what you freaking do.

And not for nothing, the pick-six, IIRC, was because Robinson didn't run his slant route properly. It wasn't entirely Romo's mistake.
  17. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    Donkey Kong Suh will make his plays. But I think he will get frustrated with the double teams from Judge Fredd and Waters.
  18. jobberone

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    I don't think he was stupid for thinking it. I don't remember for sure when in the 3rd qtr the first INT occurred but I think it was later in the qtr. The fact it was deep on our side of the field may enter into his thought process as well. I can't speak for him but I wouldn't dismiss being conservative up big in the second half deep on your end of the field. If you move the ball down the field being aggressive and score again then likely the game is over and you're a hero. Throw a pick six there and people are going to second guess you. I'm not saying it was right or wrong but we did lose the game and it cost us.
  19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,383 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    It was fairly early in the quarter, maybe 10 min. to go. Their second possession of the half.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    This will not happen. I think Suh/Waters is going to be a beast mode type encounter. I'm actually worried about Detroits Interior Defensive Front. They are exactly the type of team that has given us problems defensively this year.