1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Waters will not play Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,426 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Because Dallas was still "bluffing" on moving Free to guard to get Waters to lower his price.
    Zordon likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,387 Messages
    5,901 Likes Received
    Bingo. That's my point. This was more of a money issue than anything else. I'm guessing the Cowboys won out b/c we got him for pretty cheap.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  3. gimmesix

9,426 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Yes, I would think Bernadeau and Parnell would be the backups since Costa can't play guard and Bern is the better interior player.
  4. gimmesix

9,426 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Well, there appear to have been two issues.

The first was that Waters wasn't going to report until camp was over no matter what.

The second is Waters either wouldn't come down on his asking price or went up on it, so the Cowboys put together a "we don't have to have you" scenario with Free.
  5. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,376 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    Because they still practice like training camp when they get back. Plus if they are outdoors it is way hotter in Dallas.
  6. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Waters is a ornery old cuss. He does it his way or does not do it at all. The Boys were dancing to his tune the whole time.
  7. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Well, that settles it.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,719 Likes Received
    Takes 2 to make a deal, Cowboys did reach out to him and Moore they choose not to do the deal
  9. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    There is no conspiracy here. Dallas moved Free to guard in an attempt to get the best 5 OL they had on the field. There was no guarantee Waters would sign so they made the move to see what happened. Free played relatively well at guard and that's probably where he would have stayed but Waters decided he wanted to play at the last minute and agreed to a fairly friendly deal. Now Free can go back to RT, Leary and Bernie can battle it out at one OG spot, Waters takes the other, the loser at OG becomes the swing game day OG, Parnell is back to the swing OT, and you have your best 5 OL starting. It all worked out pretty well if you ask me. A nice little bonus is that we now know Free can play OG in a pinch and that may come in handy when deciding on the 45 man game day roster if they decide to go long in certain positions when facing certain teams.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,891 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    I'm glad they were able to get this guy signed. I feel a little bit better about the O-line with this addition.
  11. Sandyf

Sandyf Member

587 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Can't believe people would take Eatman word that he definitely won't play this week. Think I will wait until Sunday night to see what happens.
    mullet likes this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,182 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    Not sure why anyone would want him starting if he does not even know the playbook. He did have a much longer time period to absorb the Patriots playbook than he would have now with barely four days.
  13. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

998 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    It is more than possible that he has a Cowboys playbook he could look over the last few weeks.
    mullet likes this.
  14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,182 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    Not likely. Teams are not in the habit of giving out a playbook to someone not on the club's payroll.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Garrett just said he is not ruled out for this week.

Spencer is going to try to practice today
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Zordon likes this.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,825 Messages
    7,552 Likes Received
    Right. I'm sure there was no shortage of scheme and technique-related information available for what we want to do this season, but it obviously wouldn't include a playbook.
  17. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,301 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    Yeah , Garrett wouldn't rule out waters playing this week . Will Re-evaluate after practice .
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,079 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    And now no one else will be able to unsee it either
  19. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,913 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    I heard on the radio the Cowboys doubled their original offer yesterday.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,825 Messages
    7,552 Likes Received
    Lol. Now you got me giggling about that again. :)