1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We are going to get punched in the mouth Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Dec 26, 2012.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,572 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    We just have to be sure we throw the FINAL punch(score)!

Period.

I see two hungry, desperate teams. Both, perhaps ahead of schedule.

ONE wants to cash in before the other.
  2. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    This game will be decided by what defense does a better job of stopping the other offense from running the ball. Based on what we have seen over the last few weeks, I'd say the Redskins are better manned to get that job done, but stranger things have happened.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    I don't have much confidence in this defense, and the offense won't do squat until the game is on the line. This has been the case in almost literally every single game this year.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    This is what concerns me. If the offense waits until the 4th to start attacking, it might be too late this time around. There is only so many times you can go to the well and expect the same results.

We need to hold them to FG's and for the offense to play aggressive from the first snap. If the running game is working, then stay with it to keep our def off the field, but we will need to score 7, not 3's to win this game.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,014 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    They were up by 25 at halftime. They won by 7... should have won by 14.

In reality, they could have beaten us by 35 points.
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see a repeat of 2008 happening.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,014 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I'll be in DC this weekend. I'll be watching the game at the hotel. I'm kicking the wife and kids out. They'll get their own room.

There's a good chance I'm going to be in a BAD mood.
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Several weeks ago there were some proclaiming "we don't have a chance at the playoffs". And even now we have those that have been on a seven week doubtfest.

Can we please have a little enthusiasm and confidence here. This team has proven many wrong over the last month and a half. We took a very good Saints team to OT and dang near won it.

I have confidence we will win it.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,014 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Maybe, maybe not.

That very good Saints team will be watching the playoffs from home.
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They started out bad and couldn't recover. They are a better team than the skins are. They are playing much better than the skins right now.
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,947 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received

I think the Cowboys are going to win but I think you are lying to yourself if you think the Cowboys are playing any better than the Redskins right now.
  12. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    gonna be a tough game. skins have great momentum going into this game....6 straight wins, home field advantage, a very rabid fan base, and their most hated rival for a playoff appearance. they will pull out all the stops for this one....trick plays galore. this just might be too much to overcome.
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,102 Messages
    2,679 Likes Received

He was talking about the Saints.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,727 Messages
    1,954 Likes Received
    Or we could have beat them, or should have, IF . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  15. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    The skins are due for a loss. That's the way I see it.
  16. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,167 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    I don't think any team is playing better than the Skins right now. Except maybe Seattle. But PG-13's gimpy knee might slow him down a little.And even though the Boys lost to the Saints, they are at least offensively playing lights-out. Romo and Dez are carrying this team. And Murray is starting to resemble his usual quick,powerful self. Should be a good match-up.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,014 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    We couldn't have beat them. No IF's here ...
  18. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I like it. Good vision.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Don't know why we have to have our backs to the wall before we turn the offense loose. it's almost like "get out of the way and let the team play ball" :laugh2:

Really though: win the turnover battle and keep the big (30+ yard) plays to a minumim and we will win. Easier said than done.
  20. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Completely Agree!! That won't be enough to win us the game however. But I DO BELIEVE this TEAM of COWBOYS Will WIN THE GAME!