1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We are going to get punched in the mouth Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Dec 26, 2012.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,623 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    We have talked about:

"the time is now"

"have to turn the corner"

"taking it to the next level"

IT REALLY IS TIME.

"TIME" is running out for some players.

Sorry Tony, we would have loved to get you some better players BUT YOU have to make "YOUR RUN.... NOW!!!"
  2. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,946 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    It's not the defense I worry about. I know what I'm going to get from that side of the ball. It's the offense and the HC/OC that worries me. Shanahan is going to find a way to expose this D even with a gimpy QB; they're going to score. Garrett needs to find a way to expose the Skins and put points on the board. He needs to come out up tempo, no huddle, attack and dictate. But I know he won't. I have a feeling he's going to get schooled.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,510 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Just got done re-watching that T'giving loss. Explosive plays by their offense (the blazer who caught the long TD, the long catch & run by Garcon.) along with TO's by Dez (fumble), and then Romo (2 picks) turned that into a very unorthodox game. Even then a couple of razor thin margin plays helped them hold us off. We put some big shots on RG3 - Hatcher & Ware.

It'll be a different kind of game this time I suspect. Tyron & DeMarco are back while Carter & Brent are gone. Might not play McCray again either I suspect given how he sat a lot last week and got burned deep on T'giving.

I expect a lower scoring game this week. I also expect us to take better care of the ball than last time. I am hopeful.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,968 Messages
    4,141 Likes Received
    I'm trying to wrap my head around your logic here.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was referring to the Saints.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,623 Messages
    354 Likes Received

That was a nice little "succinct" read. Thank you :)
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,968 Messages
    4,141 Likes Received
    I think you're vastly overrating how good the Redskins are playing right now. They've had a creampuff schedule the last few weeks and are having to fight tooth and nail like we are. Meanwhile Seattle's absolutely destroying everybody they play. Denver's just making it look easy with a 10 game winning streak. The Falcons have clearly earned the top seed in the NFC. The Packers are playing their best football. The Patriots have been over the last month.

Any of those teams would beat the Redskins right now on a neutral field by double digits.
  8. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

392 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    RGIII is approaching Sainthood. I'm not sure he couldn't part the Red Sea with one wave of his hand and perhaps stop global warming. That said, he's banged up and doesn't have the mobility he had last time. That will reduce his ability by a tad because his scrambling buys him time to hit his secondary receiver.

Also, he's not Drew Breez and he doesn't have the Graham (Saints Tight End) playing for them and he sure doesn't have Darrrel Sproles in the backfield either. If we can keep Alfred Morris from destroying us and make RGIII have to throw the ball we should be ok. While he has been playing lights out, he generally is only reading one side of the field and he tends to stare down his receivers. I think our CB's should be able to make a few plays if we can get even a moderate amount of pressure on RGIII. If we can get him in third and long we should be able to do a few things.

Should be a fun gut-wrenching game. I'll be taking my Maloxx before kickoff no doubt.
  9. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

880 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Santana Moss worries me. He always plays good against us. He could beat us deep. He and Morris we have to slow down.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,266 Messages
    1,227 Likes Received
    Yep.

As for the OP....both teams ahead of schedule?
  11. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

776 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Seattle destroyed Buffalo in Canada and Arizona at home (who may be the biggest joke in the NFL right now). They lost on the road to Miami before that. Granted they are on a roll, and beat SF at home convincingly in what I feel was somewhat of a trap game for SF (coming off the big road win against NE). Not giving them too much credit with a 3-5 road record until they beat someone above .500 away from home.

Right now Atl and GB look for real...but look at what the Giants did to GB earlier in the year. Atl lost to NO and Carolina. Any given Sunday.
  12. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

508 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    If I had to bet, I would bet on the skins to win however, they are under just as much pressure as the boys. Trick plays can lose the game as well as win. Shanahan is quirky but with their run game, he'll stick to the basics and try to take our D down in the trenches with no tricks. The only way they get fancy is if they are way ahead or way behind. They do not have a big home field advantage, in fact I think we have a pretty good away record vs the skins and I actually like playing there instead of our "home".
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,869 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    I feel the same.

The defense will be able to do enough.

I just worry about our offense being stagnant because of all of the slow developing plays with a bad Oline.

I'd like to see us play with an urgent style from now on.
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    We could've easily won that game in the second half. And I guarantee you Skins staff/players/fans were genuinely worried that we would.

You're a troll if you think otherwise (or you didn't actually watch the game, even though it's posted on this forum by me).
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Don't, I think there's something in the water supply up there.
  16. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,934 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    After detailed analysis, I've determined the team that ends up with the most points at the end of the game will win. As usual, if we get a turnover or two to make up for our defense, and don't give the ball up, we should squeak out a win.

Cowboys 23 Redskins 20
  17. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,106 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I'm going old school hoping for a repeat of the 1979 game.
  18. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    If we get the same type of pressure on RGIII as we did against Brees, this one could get ugly quick.
  19. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,171 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    We've only been uglied twice this year. One was agains the Seahawks where that game was still pretty close until the 4th quarter and the Bears game where that seems like ages ago because we haven't been that dysfunctional since. We usually find some way to get back into a game. I seriously doubt this game will be a blowout either way.
  20. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You may be on to something, let me think it over.:)