1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We are going to get punched in the mouth Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Dec 26, 2012.

1. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,034 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Neither defense is playing that great... I just hope ours can come up with a INT or a fumble!
  2. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    That would be nice. It's the turnovers this season have us in the position we're in. We are -10 in turnover ratio, and the skins are +14. The skins are second in the league behind Chicago.
  3. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not looking to bash you, just a few questions....

What would you consider a slow developing play?
    We're you thinking of run plays, pass plays or both?

Common sense tells me that slower developing run plays might make more sense with a weaker OL. Pulling and moving offensive lineman to give them advantegous blocking angels.
    As opposed to simpler straight ahead scheme that may require better lineman.

Now slower developing pass plays are obviously needed to help less talented WRs to get open and require better OL play.

Either way, I'm sure its what Garrett thinks is best and not ploy to throw the game.
  4. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,135 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I don't think we can score enough points, the d is that bad right now. I think it gets out of hand fast.
  5. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really? Faling behind 17 and then 13, only to rally for the last second win. I'd drop dead.
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I think Garrett comes out in beast mode, he knows Tony and Dez are hot, I think he attempts to ride those two along with Murray. Think we will be very agressive on offense. Defense we just have to hope for the best.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,851 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    What makes you think that?

Ware and Spence have to much class to try and hurt that kid.

And thank God they do.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,664 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Yes, you are right. The first half doesn't count. Only the second half.

The Skins could have had us by 35 points if they continued to press. They went into prevent mode and relaxed. The game was a joke.

... and NO, having Lee, Rat, and Carter in the game would not have changed the outcome.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,889 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    Dallas' interior defense will get toasted on the option play, just like last time.

If you don't stop the run and force the skins away from it to passing only, they run that play action that tore us up last time.

I suspect that will come again this time.

One of the biggest reasons the 3-4 of Dallas needs a real nose tackle.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,889 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    Au contraire Eddie, that nis exactly why they won. We allowed them to run and set up the play-action, which is what has made that team work.

Stop that rookie running back and RG III has to find other options.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    Yep. This is what's killed us this season more than any other factor. We were handing out TOs like candy early, and we've been unable to take it away enough all year long. that 24 possession swing between the two franchises tells you everything you need to know about how the Sk*ns got where they're at. How we're in this division championship game is a bit more puzzling.
  12. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,135 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Ware is a one armed player now. He not going to do much trust me
  13. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    I don't trust you. You seem sort of like a depressed fan who's just given up. You can bet the Sk*ns offense will know where Demarcus Ware is at all times.
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Whatever helps you feel better about it. Seen enough of you to know you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about 99% of the time. You shoulda been a Giants fan, you'd fit right in.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Especially with Griffin having a bum leg, Morris is the key to everything that they do. Shut Morris down, and they have a good shot at winning.

To me, if they hold Morris to less than 80, the Cowboys will win the game. If not, then they will not.

Early prediction - Cowboys by 4.
  16. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Member

54 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He wouldn't do much even if he was healthy. Trent Williams historically has manhandled the NFC East Ends since he entered the league.
  17. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

736 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    youd think the redskins were a veteran group that have been there before.

as ive said, i love the cowboys in this situation. much more than last year against a proven team.

38-28 cowboys. carr gets a pick 6 to end it
  18. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,162 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Can we just start the game by spotting the Skins 10-14 points? Seems that is the best way our offense actually gets into gear and responds. Bengals, Skins, Giants (even though we lost), Saints, Eagles (both of them) and those are just off the top of my head. Hell the Browns game, too.

Seems we play the best when we have a deficit. Usually a double digit deficit.
  19. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    That's assuming Griffin and the plan wasn't intentionally conservative last week to play him with a bulky brace and play a restricted offense. They keep saying his knee is 100 percent. We'll see.

Shanahan is a good OC. Cleveland went in with this plan - with probably a better defense right now than Dallas. Worked pretty well for the first half.

Then again, Cleveland does not have Dallas' offense, and its far more likely the pressure to score on our O will be greater. Should be interesting.
  20. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    You guys are so adorable. I just want to pick you up and squeeze you and tell you it's all going to be ok. Even though it's not going to be.

But it's nice to have you relevant again, because Giants fans have had the upper hand against us and Philly fans are simply low-class. We haven't had enough plain-old delusion around here in recent seasons. We've missed it.