1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We have watched this game before...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boys#1 95, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    You guys know who you are. Alot of you guys , if you would be truthful, would not think Dallas had a chance at the Ravens.

It's ok, you don't have to chime in so you won't be flagged. lol!!

Can't blame you because they are something in the neighborhood of 19-1 at home in the last 20.

However this is "That" game. If you have been a fan the last 16 or so years.....here it comes.

yep, gona be calling your friend(s) at halftime saying.."Did you see that"?

Dallas will win or lose by no more than (3) points and so goes the extended grief we have to endure as fans...

My hope is high, but this one is a "Trap" game not for the Ravens or the Cowboys.

It;s a "Trap game for Cowboys Nation"....just a hunch..don't throw stones.

Maybe i'm way off..However i've seen this game before.:)
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,338 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    I'm just hoping for a well coached, prepped, team in all three phases. After that, let the cards fall where they may.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,063 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    The line is Ravens-4, Vegas is smarter than most of us. The Ravens are beatable for sure. Their defense aint all that, KC ran all over em last week and with a competent QB win that game. That said I could see a game alot like the NE game last year where the Cowboys hung tough until mid way in the 4th and found a way to lose. Honestly this game is likely to be a barometer for the rest of the season.
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,664 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    My expectations are tempered, but I wouldn't be suprised by any outcome. This is actually the type of game the Cowboys tend to figure out a way to win, but, then again, I wouldn't bet on it.
  5. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    yes it is...just when there is no more gravy on the plate..comes "These games"..got to love it.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,664 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    Barometer? I don't think so. There is no such thing as a measuring stick for this team because if they are anything, they are consistently inconsistent.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well this is the NFL. Anything can happen. Upsets happen every single week. Wouldn't surprise me if we won or if we got clowned again like we did against Chicago. The Dallas Cowboys are the ultimate wildcard football team. You literally have no idea what you're going to get week to week. One week they'll look like one of the best teams in football and the next it's the exact opposite. They are consistently inconsistent.
  8. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    you forgot one thing and i agree..."in the down" comes a renewed interest.

always has been the tend..if it's broken. So be it, but "This" is "That" game.
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,968 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    I hope we win....

I just know it won't be a calk walk
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,994 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    i have been a fan for >35 years. please explain why this is "that game" and why, for instance, the seattle and bears games were not "that game."
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This game will be rated X.
  12. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    It's simple really....riding off injuries and first games jitters and having to find a a nitch.

The Cowboys are still their own enemy...Boo me if you will, but it's getting old.

Do they lack talent at spots?...Yes, but they still underachieve.

any idiot that says Tony Romo can't win a Super bowl is ..well..an idiot.

Can't fix everything in a year, we need some "Big' men up front.

Sorry, back on topic.....This is the game that the Cowboys play "'Over their heads"..and restore the life of their fans.

I feel it in my bones......
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Dallas can beat Baltimore, sure. The problem is that they'll do so and then go lose to Carolina by 3 touchdowns.
  14. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,994 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    I respect what you said and admire your optimism, but I learned long ago that the only feeling that I can trust regarding an upcoming Cowboy game is that they blow another one.
  15. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,055 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    no way dallas wins this game. the ravens will hit romo all day long and cowboys will not run all over the ravens defense the way the chiefs did. 24-9 the ravens will win easily. i think that the panthers game is the only one they will win in the next five.
  16. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Dallas wins or loses by 3 or less

How exactly is this a trap game for the fans?
  17. dware94

dware94 Member

104 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  18. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    or do they?....i agree, but this is the game that keeps you hooked. sad or great....ok or cool...spread the love.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,524 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    That's the Cowboys win a game no one is giving them much of a chance in then get toasted the next week.
  20. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

348 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    because, as a whole the "Fair Weathers" and "Casuals" have a bitter taste. this will be something to talk about and restore 65 to 75% of the fan base....

Really, only about 25% of us are crazy Cowboy hard core.....truth..:) Oh, and the "Talkin heads", forgot about them for a sec...lol!!