1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We lost a True American Hero saturday April 16

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WVSkinsfan, Aug 30, 2011.

1. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Guys we lost a True American Hero April 16 on a saturday morning.My cousin Charles(Chucky)Adkins was fighting for our freadom risking his very own life to save all of ours.He was tragically killed in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber posing to be in the Afghan army..please keep his wife and 5 kids in your prayers and thoughts.Also keep his Dad and his Mom in your thoughts and prayers. RIP Chucky,you are a true hero for risking your own life to save all of ours. I'll miss you and I love you brother!!

The reason I post this is to honor my cousin but to check on I think his name is Casmith thats on here and wanted to know how the guy is doing.After about six months or so after everything finally sank in that I lost my Mom on Feb the 2nd then my cousin on April 16... I thought of the poster on here casmith or something and I just had to write and see how he is doing.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Man, bro. It sounds like you had a rough year. I've been through some tragic things recently too. I hope you keep your chin up and my thoughts are with you and your family. PM me if you ever need anything. A lot of people here were nice to talk to when I went though loss. Again, keep your chin up. I know it's not easy.
  3. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,190 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    There are worse ways to go.
  4. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks alot man for the kind words!! This is the worst year that I have ever had and frankly I can't wait till 2012 comes.Its hard but I am definently keeping my chin up.Dad and I have eachother and we will stay strong and we gave our lifes to the lord so that has really helped us. The same goes for you if you ever need to talk just send me a PM bud.
  5. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,646 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    R.I.P. to Chucky, I'm sure he will be dearly missed by many. His family, including you, are in our thoughts and prayers. He truly is an American Hero. Keep your head up.

you need to get some action or something man. you been runnin around here mad hateful lately, hope everything is alright with you. Show some respect, the man has obv had it rough.sorry to mention that in your thread WV.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It gets better over time and it's true it never really goes away. But you get your life back. It just takes a long while.
  7. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks justdezit,for all that you said and I do appreciate it.
  8. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I know I think about them everyday but I know they are up there watching and pertecting me,dad and all of the familys.Its amazing you find out how many good people and friends are there for you when somthing like this happens.We will make it but it is tough right now.

well im getting off for tonight but thanks again to everybody who has posted.It brings a smile to my face.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Feel lucky. It was the opposite for me. I was amazed at how compassionless some people really are, including my own family. It's great you have a solid support system though.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    c'mon dude
  11. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope you meant this some other way.

WVSkinsFan, condolences to both you and your family. Losing a member of the family in the line of duty carries with it an unspoken honor, but that doesn't fill the empty seat at the dinner table or the spot on the couch when your team takes the field.

Casmith will be around later on, he's up in the DC area now. I'll point him this direction.
  12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,558 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of sorrow. Like most of the posters have said only time will heal the pain right now. Just cherish the moments that you have with your love ones who are living and never forget the ones who have gone on from this world, especially the ones that risk their lives for us to have the freedom that we take so much for granted. My deepest sympathy.
  13. CliffnMesquite

4,190 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    And what other way would that be? There are far worse ways to die than while doing your duty serving one's country.
  14. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I figured that's what you meant.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,372 Messages
    2,788 Likes Received
    Hey - I'm doing just fine, man. Thanks for asking.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you regarding your loss. I know it's been a little while, but oftentimes the months that follow are among the most difficult.

Thanks again for the note - I greatly appreciate it.
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    RIP Chucky. We appreciate what you were doing for us and we are sorry you are gone.
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Sorry for your loss...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I salute SFC Charles Adkins and offer my sincere thanks for his service and sacrifice...

SFC Charles "Chuck" L. Adkins
  18. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks to EVERYBODY for your thoughts and prayers for me and my family.I appreciate everything you all have said and will never forget it.I would have posted this when it happened but I was'nt in the mood to do anything exspecially getting on the computer.Me,Dad and our family will make it some way or another b/c we have each other.

Casmith,thank the good lord you are alright!! A few days after Chucky passed away you come to my mine b/c last year I remember talking to you on here and you was fighting in war.Godbless you my brother and im glad you are alright.

Thanks again to EVERYBODY!!
  19. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It seemed a bit callous without further explanation, but we were really saying the same thing. Almost like "meh, at least it wasn't a car wreck."
  20. CliffnMesquite

4,190 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Whatever.