1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We Now Have 4 Picks in Sweet Spot of Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by XxTDxX, Apr 25, 2013.

1. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Well-Known Member

852 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Many analysts have said that the sweet spot of this draft are picks 40-90..We now have 3 picks still remaining in that range.. (47, 74, 80)

Travis Frederick was not a "Wow" pick but I honestly like the pick. He clearly was the highest rated interior offensive lineman on their board. He is a tough, strong, and physical guy which is what the Cowboys need.

But to my original point - We now have 3 picks in what many are saying is the best part of this draft.. We have already addressed our biggest need and I am guessing we will probably sign Tyson Clabo which means we will probably address Safety, DL, and RB in with the 3 picks.. Also could probably take a WR, LB, or DE

As far as the trade we lost on the points chart but we picked up an extra pick in the sweet spot of the draft and filled our biggest need going into the year..

Here is a list of some guys to keep in mind with those 3 picks..

DE: Mallichiah Goodman, Lavar Edwards, Corey Lemonier

DT: Jesse Williams, Jonathan Hankins, Kawaan Short, John Jenkins, Brandon Williams, Jordan Hill

LB: Nico Johnson, Jamie Collins, Khaseem Greene, Sio Moore, Gerald Hodges, Sean Porter

OG: Larry Warford, Brian Winters, Alvin Bailey, David Quessenberry

OT: Terron Armstead, Vinston Painter, Brennan Williams

TE: Travis Kelce, Dion Sims

RB: Eddie Lacy, Le'Veon Bell, Giovanni Bernard, Jonathan Franklin, Andre Ellington, Stepfan Taylor, Christine Michael

Safety: Jonathan Cyprien, Shamarko Thomas, DJ Swearinger, JJ Wilcox

WR: Justin Hunter, Markus Wheaton, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Marquise Goodwin, Kenny Stills, Cobi Hamilton
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,418 Messages
    7,232 Likes Received
    CZ should be much calmer in 24 hours.
  3. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Active Member

311 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    What no Randle from OSU as a rb???

Bet he's wearing a star next year
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,418 Messages
    7,232 Likes Received
    Don't tease me. He graduated from my high school.
  5. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Well-Known Member

852 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Surely an option as well.. Forgot about him
  6. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

961 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Logan should be in the mix. I don't see how he's not a third rounder. But a good list of players and Cowboys should be much upgraded after today.
  7. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not too concerned about a so called loss of value with the trade and the pick. We grabbed an upgrade to our o-line who starts day one and picked up an extra pick in a deep draft. Just looking at the DT, DE, S, RB, and WR left on the board, I'm sure those 3rd rounders could be valuable players. I'm not going to be upset we didn't grab Floyd. Wasn't in love with him, and obviously the team didn't value him very highly.