1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We should have drafted ....Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Natedawg44, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its inevitable. Call it a preemptive strike if you will with a big Bobby Carpenter thread at the head of the main page.
    We should have drafted ..........
    I say Chad Jackson in light of recent events and our depth at LB.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to be the one to start the thread....:eek::
  3. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I mean if we are going to have a WR with a hammy problem, I think its better to have a 21 year old with no history of mental problems.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Manny Lawson did some good things yesterday, too. When it all boils down though, I have no doubt that Carpenter will be a star player for us soon. Now that he is moved to the inside, he is having to adapt to a new position as well as learning the game of the NFL. Give him a year under Parcells and he will be a beast for us.
  5. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm thinking Dan Marino...yep...good to get that out of my system finally. Thanks for the space. Much appreciated.
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Carp did show me alot of positive things last night.....I really believe he will be a great player for us......
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Jackson has missed virtually all of camp with an injury, he hasnt shown anything

David
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    your the 2nd person who said this, but I watched the game and the guy did nothing...he was credited for 1 tackle and I never once saw him make a play of any significance.....

David
  9. Uh-Oh

Uh-Oh Member

489 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  10. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,503 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    This kid hasn't even played his first regular season game, he's learning a new position in a 3-4 defense he didn't play in at Ohio St. Plus, the Cowboys brought in Ayodele, a player with 4 years experience, to play that position. Now you think a rookie who is going up against an experience athletic LB should just come in & take the position before the first reg. season game.

Hahaha. You make me laugh, & know nothing about football. Spears, Canty, Ware, Ratliff, etc. all say they are playing twice as good as they did their rookie season last year. Next year, Carp will say the same thing. It blows me away how quickly you people write players off. I think it's due to the video game generation, where everything is instant, and attention spans are measure in nano-seconds......:rolleyes: .
  11. Bcburns

Bcburns Member

125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok. I'll bite.

Laurence Maroney. Right now I'm not overly impressed with any of our backs.

Carpenter may end up a great linebacker but I just don't think that with our depth at linebacker we needed to pick him.
  12. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Chad Jackson has not done anything. He has an injury he has been nursing. I like D'Angelo Williams as a kick returner then eventually phase him in at RB. Maroney looks good too.
  13. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree.
    D'Angelo Williams is going to be a great rb. He's got that elusiveness that all the great rb's have.
  14. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is a beast and is going to be a star in the NFL...this sucks..Julius is ok but Maroney will be a star! you can see it now.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: Is the grass always greener?
  16. braw

braw Member

765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A case of the grass is always greener on the other side....
  17. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    or in his case sticky...
  18. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    maroney is good and julius is a shell of what he was...35 for like 105 or something close to that is average in my book...
  19. Drlabon

Drlabon Member

71 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's easy to point out after a 41-0 thumping, maroney may turn out to be good, but Julius isn't half bad either. Who are you going to trade to get maroney anyway?? How can you be so sure that he is not injury prone or can carry 25-35 carries a game?? That being said, I think the cowboys will draft a RB next year, probably in the 2nd or 3rd round.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Just amazing how some people think (or don't).