1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We should take a chance on Garrett Gilbert

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MidEastBeastL337, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MidEastBeastL337

MidEastBeastL337 Member

42 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think we need to draft a QB with an early pick next year, but I think taking a chance on Garrett Gilbert late and DEFINITELY as an Undrafted FA would be a great idea. The sky's the limit for that guy and he has been playing some outstanding football after he finally had an offseason to work with his receivers at SMU.

I would be very disappointed if we don't take a good look at him as a developmental quarterback.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    the rest of the NFC East would be licking their chops if Gilbert Grape was playing QB for us. NO THANK YOU!!!
  3. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    He might be a UDFA we would look although the odds of being anything else is small.
  4. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He's another Chris Weinke....except without collegiate success.
    Idgit likes this.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,904 Messages
    4,263 Likes Received
    No way, No How, No thank you and if that is not clear enough...just a plain old No. :)
  6. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,610 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    No, no, and no! He's got a noodle arm and he makes some reaaaalllyyy bad throws sometimes. Pass.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    LOLOLOLOLOL......... Garret........LOLOLOLOL.............Gilbert................LOLOLOLOLOL No.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I haven't seen an SMU game since they played Tech and he was pretty bad, missing a lot of throws. Apparently he's had a nice stretch of games recently though...this final portion of the season will be big for him and his NFL future in terms of making a practice squad at the very least.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,461 Messages
    2,073 Likes Received

if that visual doesnt get you excited nothing will