1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

We Won't Make the Playoffs, Because...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    I actually love this thread.

The OP knows that the Ravens and Eagles are the 2 teams who can help us the most, because they play both the Giants and the Redskins still, and he knows that the Ravens just lost Suggs and may not get Ray Ray back in time for us.

Much respect.

I am a Ravens fan right now, and will root for the Eagles. I can throw up later for that one.

2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

12,653 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    I was disappointed to hear yesterday that they have benched Vick for the season. Say what you want about him, I think the Eagles have a better chance of upsetting the Giants/Skins with him over Foles.

3. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,530 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    We won't make the playoffs because:

1) Bailey missed the gaming ending FG against Baltimore.

2) Dez's fingertip lands out of bounds.

For all the OL shortcomings, the injuries on D, Murray's foot - those two plays stand out.

4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

14,751 Messages
    2,022 Likes Received
    Is this the part where we jump ship and give up?

Screw it, it's over guys

5. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

3,889 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    This.

6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,670 Messages
    33,676 Likes Received
    We won't be in the playoffs because we won't win more than 2 games the rest of the way. At best.

7. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    We can actually still win the NFCE at 8-8.

8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,670 Messages
    33,676 Likes Received
    Highly unlikely though. Somebody's getting to 9 wins.

9. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    We won't make the playoffs because of the Ravens? I think I would blame the inconsistent play that lead us to a 6-6 record personally.

And if they are a fraud without Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ladarius Webb. What would you call us with being forced to play McCray at safety while missing Carter and Lee?

10. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    I won't be shocked if a team gets 10 wins to capture the division. Not for any of the 3.

I think 9 is most likely.

11. ykc

ykc Active Member

652 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    It would be interesting if it comes to the last game like last year Giants game. Winner of the last game at Redskins win the division and are in the playoffs. Last year we laid a big egg, need to see how JG prepares the team this time around for Big Clutch Game

12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

8,519 Messages
    2,408 Likes Received
    It's so interesting how we have to rely on all these other teams to lose to have a chance to make the playoffs.

13. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    No other team in the NFL does though right?

This is the same every year.

14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,421 Messages
    5,036 Likes Received
    is there where i call you out as a fair weather fan, someone who has given up, not a "real" fan, etc etc?

just want to know

15. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    So you still don't know what a fair weather fan is huh? Because you aren't even close on what he wrote there.

16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,421 Messages
    5,036 Likes Received
    i would love to see how this team does in a "win and youre in-lose and youre out" game under garrett

the same place where we fell short last year

17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

34,786 Messages
    2,892 Likes Received
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201112/the-psychology-sports-fans

"CORFing" means that you "Cut Off Reflected Failure." Your team was trounced and now you want to distance yourself from them and their disgrace as much as possible. It's not "we," who lost, it's "they." The last thing a CORFer wants to wear on the day following the team's loss are hats or shirts with the team's logo. This is the test of the true vs. fickle fan. It's the CORFers who are the fickle fans. Their identification with them rises and falls with the box scores. True fans, in contrast, will don jerseys, hats, and almost any item with the team logo no matter how poorly their team performs. True fans may feel dejected, but their heroes remain their heroes, even if somewhat tarnished by defeat.

18. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Well-Known Member

2,378 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    Isn't that pretty much the case every year? "Must wins" start in mid November at which point we dissolve in December. That is the only consistent thing we have with this team over the last several years. I hate it but here comes groundhogs day.

19. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

791 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    how is it a lock that the giants will lose two more? They're a very poor defense but it's more run defense then pass because of the pass rushers.

They could lose to the Ravens but its be gonna toss up really. Saints have almost nothing to play for, Falcons will have the no 1 seedf locked up by then and the Eagles are dead.

IF the giants lose twice we can put ourselves in a good position but if they only lose one which in my opinion is more likely, then the Cowboys have to win out.

20. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

4,154 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    you're absolutely correct there, so the OP wants to call out the Ravens as frauds? i dont get that, had we taken care of business the Giants and Skins would be looking up at us, and trying to find a way to catch us.