1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We Won't Make the Playoffs, Because...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Dec 4, 2012.

1. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    HHmmm.... where did I say that it guaranteed anything? I said nothing about either team winning or losing the game. All I said was expect it to be a different game vs Washington because they can't hide behind their defense like Pittsburgh did.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,534 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    We (Cowboys) will not make the playoffs because we are unable to compete in the trenches.
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,727 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Washington's defense is nowhere near as dominant as Pittsburgh's but Pittsburgh's offense led by Charlie Batch, will be nowhere near as explosive or effective as Washington's. The game could go either way.
  4. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,388 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    If this team wins the next 4 games they will have to play balls out football, and if they do, then I submit they ARE a team to be reckoned with.

I put the chances of that at 3 in 100.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,378 Messages
    1,864 Likes Received
    If Dallas gets there it is because we won enough games to be there. Dallas is 2nd in the NFL in passing offense and 8th overall. We got our top RB this past weekend. We have injuries that hurt but we have a chance and right now that is all any team can ask for is a chance
  6. Zimmy Lives

5,534 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    The offense, sans Costa, is healthier so they do have a chance. I do not think, regrettably, that the defense can stop anyone on the ground nor generate enough of a pass rush to win.
  7. Doomsday101

75,378 Messages
    1,864 Likes Received
    I don't know, I think defense is capble of better than they have shown in the last 2 games. Lissemore came back this past game after missing 6 game I expect to see him improve as he gets back to game shape. ILB clearly are a concern and exposes McCray a bit more because of the loss of Lee and Carter. We still have guys who are capable of making the plays and hopefully a return of Ratliff over these next 4 games.

I do think the defense will not be as good but still capable of making the big play to help win games.
  8. Zimmy Lives

5,534 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    As unremarkable as this may sound, I think the fate of the defense rests in that hands of Ryan. He needs to protect his inside LBs and find a way to get to the QB. Ratliff should be the key if he is healthy. Start Ratliff, Brent, and Hatcher and see if the opposing offenses can stand up.

Get the best three lineman on the field at one time and see what they can do. To date, only Hatcher and Brent have more than one sack apiece. Bring Spears, Crawford and Lissemore off the bench but use your best linemen to start.
  9. Doomsday101

75,378 Messages
    1,864 Likes Received
    Clearly they need to do better than they have over the last 2 games. They have their work cut out for them
  10. Zimmy Lives

5,534 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    Yes, they sure do! If Ryan is as good as he thinks he is they will perform well. If he is just a unimaginative blowhard then they will collapse like a Walmart folding chair.
  11. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,957 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Like I said, the Ravens are total frauds. Looks like the Falcons have decided to take it easy also. :(
  12. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Uh Ohhhhhhh....Spaghetti-Os.