1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    No real comment on Welker's wife, but

SO glad Candice stays her classy self. I can't imagine the uproar if she went to the media to defend her husband against the rabid dogs tearing him up while he's down.
    She seems above that. Hopefully she remains so.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,660 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    I was not there when the 'murder' occurred, so I have not spoken to that at all.

But 6 kids with 4 women, none his wife, .. is not an mistake.

It is an attitude, an arrogance, it's irrresponsible, selfish and a total disrespect for women.

I really don't care one way or the other for Lewis, but my posts have actually been a response to posters on this board who seem to think that it is no big deal.
  3. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    The numbers are not equal....but Tom Brady did have 2 model chicks pregnant at the same time. Again, not defending or applauding Ray and the situation with children out of wedlock. I have one myself, and I can tell you not a day goes by when I regret not being able to give the kid I had in high school...what I am giving the kid I have today with my wife. But from what we HEAR Ray say...being there for his kids is a priority for him.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it may be a big deal, it may not. but without knowing the details behind those relationships, how can you claim it to be an attitude, an arrogance, it's irrresponsible, selfish and a total disrespect for women????
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,660 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    attitude - he thinks women are there just for his sexual pleasure

arrogance - I'm Ray Lewis, I can have sexual relations with no commitment

irresponsible - ever hear of a condom? .. or being a Dad?

selfish - only thinks of himself, and satisfying his own sexual desire, and not the fact that he leaves a woman to raise a child without a man in the house, or a child to grow up without a day-to-day father presence

disrespect for women - does not view women as anything more than a sexual release for him and his urges.

I have been blessed to have tremendous women in my life, .. my Mother, my older sister, my wife. All tremendous people and amazing women.

They are the reason that I aspire to be the man that I have become.

Maybe this irks me because I have so much respect for women.

I've given my .02, I'm done with this. For those that don't get it, .. that's the way it is.
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not saying I am a fan of Ray Lewis or think he is some awesome human, but I still don't see how you can come to these conclusions without knowing the details. Just having 6 kids with 4 woman over a long period of time does not mean everything you say here, or even any of it, is true.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's funny, sports journalists have an endless supply of righteous indignation when an athlete "overly" celebrates a touchdown in the heat of the moment, but after the game you can light yourself on fire, speak in tongues and fake a grand mal seizure on the 50 yardline as long as you give them the framing picture they're looking for on the splash screen/front page.
  8. PoetTree

PoetTree Active Member

339 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Because that's about your personal morality, not about what's intrinsically right or wrong. Marriage is a sham, by the way, that was invented by governments (hence, the "legal" institution of marriage) to assign ownership of property rights and possessions & prevent civil infighting between the offspring of wealthy landowners who fathered children with multiple women. As was often the case with governments throughout history, they partnered with the church... who told people it's what God wanted them to do... in order to further convince the masses to undergo the newly created marriage procedures. It was created as a way to protect personal wealth, and has since simply become the cultural norm.

I don't have a problem with marriage, and think it can be a beautiful and romantic thing for those who choose it. But I also am not about to judge someone because they don't choose it, either. It really is inconsequential, no matter what your own personal preference about it may be. Ray had sex with multiple women, and pregnancy often happens when you have sex.

This makes him a bad guy??

Do the women, in your mind, bear any of the responsibility?

I bet the child-support and the fact that their children have food, comfort, and housing means a great deal to them. And I bet you just about anything those kids love their dad. Based on how I've seen him interact with his kids, I bet he loves them.

That someone has made decisions that fall outside your personal morality lines does not make them a bad or irresponsible person. It just means they don't think like you.

You people who believe in a cookie-cutter society where there is only one right way to live... are awfully full of yourselves....
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    How many of you guys would rat out your friends?

As for the six children with four women comment by the skank from Hooters, that makes him different from other NFL players how?

Welker did do well for himself though.
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Um, most people do that as well, only a very few only have such relations only when married

you do not know if he disrespected the women he had relations with, maybe he loved them, you don't know

you also have no idea how often he sees those children, what presence he is in their lives etc

hell your post is more arrogant and disrespectful than what you are accusing Ray Lewis of being arrogant and disrespectful for doing.
  12. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i agree
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    What is it about Patriot wives though that they love to make it all about them, Giselle, now Ms Hooters?
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    That is not entirely accurate. Moynahan had his baby in 2007 and Bundchen had their first child in 2009.
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    That is true, he dumped Moynahan and got with Gisele while Moynahan was pregnant.

I wonder what Ms Hooters has to say about that?
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    You have this OCD thing about the term "rat out". You seem to use it often on this board. If "ratting out" means telling the truth and it results in your friends, even your close friends going to jail then that is the right thing to do.

I don't expect my friends to cover for me if I commit some stupid felony of killing someone in a dumb fight. And they know I won't cover for them in that circumstance, either. It is something I don't have to worry about anyway because I don't hang out with anyone stupid enough to end up in that type of position.
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Would you prefer "stoolie"?

Never say never

I do always chuckle though at the internet sanctimonious, internet indignant etc
  18. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    For those of you that seem to hate on Ray, you should watch A Football Life about him. He goes to his sons football games and I'm pretty sure that his kids all live in the Baltimore area. The guy might not be a saint but I would be willing to bet that he does more charity work then 99% of society.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,295 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    no, he's evil, he has had relations with more than one woman and wasn't married to all of them
  20. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I saw it. The way people lit up when they saw him amazed me. I for one do not worship athletes. I personally don't think people should worship athletes. But I can say that because of how I was raised and because of the role models I had growing up. I did not NEED to have icons on TV give me hope. My family did and does that. However, I am older now (41). So I have much more compassion and understanding. I get that not EVERYONE was as priviliged as I was growing up. And I also understand that people are looking for hope. This guy takes the time out to give them that. Whether I think people should gain hope from celebrities does not really matter..that fact that they provide hope for people is the reality. Far more hope than you or I can provide. I mean, who do these people in dire straits turn to? Are you going to do it? Even if you did, would it have the same impact? It is what it is. As great of a football player as he has been...he's been an even better LEADER!!!!