1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Well isn't this special

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Sep 1, 2009.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,178 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    So you guys think the Government has no influence on how GM and Chrysler is being run now?
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,268 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Well played. Got a chuckle out of me.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao: @ DIAF trying to school me on business.

You obviously ain't got a clue what is going on here or what I am referring to. And you don't know anything about the current state of affairs with GM. At least I figured out what your screen name stand for. Fitting.
  4. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's more like it.
  5. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't let the facts get on the way Cajun...
  6. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Obama asked Rick Wagoner to step down after GM accepted government money to finance their bankruptcy, after Wagoner stepped down Frederick Henderson was promoted from CFO of GM to CEO. The new CEO has been integral in running GM for years now as Chief Financial Officer. This is hardly Obama putting in his guys as you are suggesting. Furthermore, you go even further to suggest Obama is running the day to day operations of the company. That is absurd. You are just paranoid.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your crazy conspiracy theories.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First of all, Obama had the input to hire and fire. I would say that is some major input. He then had the guy he wanted to take over. Why? because obviously he would have his ear.

Second, I never said Obama was in control of day to day operations. But something like this is hardly day to day operations.

Don't let the facts get in the way or your insanity.
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG,are you serious?
    If your boss asks you to leave your job and don't come back you just:

a)got a promotion?
    b)got fired?
    c)won the world series of pocker?
    d)joined the cast of Yo Gabba Gabba?

Don't think too hard.
  9. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Serious question Artie: how involved do you think Obama is in running GM?
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll give you a yes or no answer but first I need to know if you are referring to GM which has taken boat loads of our taxpayer money or if you are referring to a company who has invested their own money. Because the answer will be different.

You don't take tax payer money and invest it in a foreign country when your own country needs the jobs. And oh by the way, the more people you put back to work, the more people will be in a position to buy the product. You got this whole thing bass ackwards. You mentioned the 4500.00. First let's get one thing straight about that, it wasn't a stimulus plan to help the auto industry, it was a environmental program. Don't you think it odd that the only auto maker that showed an increase in profits over the previous year for last month was the one that didn't take bailout money?

To your question though, so which one is it. In general or specifically GM?
  11. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Both. In general, and GM.

My whole point is that you can't put people back to work if there isn't a market. If people aren't buying cars, they aren't going to all of a sudden start buying them if GM cranks up production. Instead, you will just be spending money to lose money. I don't have this backwards. People aren't NOT buying cars because they don't have jobs, they aren't buying cars because of economic fear and tighter reigns on credit. The economic downturn first has to end and get credit flowing again before demand for automobiles (and thus the need for more jobs) rises. How can GM put people to work here in these circumstances? It just isn't possible.

Investment in the Chinese market, however, is nothing but positive for GM. Like I said earlier, its the world's biggest automobile market now, and was growing exponentially before last fall and offers American firms plenty of opportunity to make money.
  12. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,259 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    "But in China, where consumers are still spending and where the government is offering subsidies to small-car buyers, sales are expected to grow nearly 8% this year to nearly 9 million vehicles. In the first quarter of 2009, China was the world's largest car market, overtaking the recession-wracked U.S. for the first time ever.
    GM back home may be saddled with gas-guzzling car models nobody wants while it loses customers to rivals, but in China, the company is neck and neck with Volkswagen for the market-share lead, 10 years after the first GM cars started rolling off Chinese assembly lines. In April, GM set a record for monthly sales: 151,084 vehicles, a stunning 50% increase over its April 2008 results. GM remains "solidly profitable" in the country, Reilly says (GM does not disclose China revenue and profit figures). "

Yeah, why in the world would we want to be selling cars in this country?:banghead: These are the same people that would be *****ing about the unemployment rate if the gov't would've let GM and Chrysler fall (which would take 7000+ small businesses with them).
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,587 Messages
    344 Likes Received

But is it rocket surgery?
  14. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I'm sure the board pushed Wagoner to leave because they knew otherwise the Federal government wouldn't help them get through bankruptcy. Then Henderson was promoted to CEO from CFO to take his place. The federal government obviously had some influence in Wagoner leaving, but in no way does that suggest Obama is running the day to day operations of GM. That is patently absurd and just a stupid conspiracy theory.
  15. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,948 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Why ? Why did Obama want this guy out ?