1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Featured Went To Camp Today - Here's What I Saw

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DandyDon1722, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,805 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Not really worried about Austin. He was on pace to have a very decent yr. Its not his fault or anybody elses that Dez decided to become superman. People point to Austin injury problems. Dez has been just as injury prone. Both didnt even finish the Redskins game.
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,319 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Agreed. Hate to say it, but I don't see Miles here after this season.
  3. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,926 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    That was a fantastic read. I'm jealous, would like to be there.
    Reality likes this.
  4. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,074 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Thanks a bunch for the detailed report. Well written, and much appreciated.
    Reality likes this.
  5. daynje

daynje Star Treatment

210 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Thanks, I really enjoyed your perspective.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Excellent report. You're making me want to buy a plane ticket.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,140 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Great post, thanks for the insight.

Giving play calling to someone else will be the biggest and best move of the entire offseason. I think it really frees Garrett up to focus on the team overall.
  8. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,388 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Thanks for all the nice words. Believe me, I never take for granted that I'm at camp standing ten feet away watching the team of my life in 70 degree weather. I'm going back next Monday or Tuesday and I'll send another write up and I'll take some pics. Eric Rogers did look good. He got a lot of snaps and made some nice plays. Those receiver positions are going to be so crucial.
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'm intrigued by the player. And from what I've seen and heard, I'm already betting on him to make the team. I love competition!
  10. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,711 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Thanks man that was awesome, hope you enjoyed your time and you are able too go again.
  11. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Dandy,

My compliments & thanks as well. You did a nice job with these last year as well. I'll be there next week for a few days too. Its a great, great time.

What concerns me about Miles is not his productivity. Shoot folks consider last year subpar for him yet he had almost 1,000 yards on a team where Dez & Witten were 1/2 and he struggled a bit with injury. I think the best thing for Miles in camp will simply be to stay healthy & available. It's his propensity to not successfully fight for the ball that concerns me. He seems to give up on plays at times and we don't need to fuel the turnover fire. There is talent behind Miles to pick up the slack should that become necessary. I have ZERO worry about WR beyond making sure we find a way to keep all the talent.

Lastly, I'd love nothing more than for Arkin to make a name for himself when so many have written him off. Same for Costa though to a lesser degree. I can't say I'm optimistic on Arkin but more hopeful if he can start holding the point of attack. Big if though he seems to be off on the right foot. Then there is Kowalski. We saw nothing of this guy last year. Would love for him to develop as well.
  12. Mactin

Mactin Member

83 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this man, I feel confident on the Cowboys season now.:)
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,066 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post this info and insight for the rest of us, much appreciated!
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,066 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Maybe it's just me, but I get this vibe that Austin 'went Hollywood' once he got his huge contract and has been more concerned with off the field than on the field.

Productivity and availability have gone downhill ever since he got paid, and it disturbs me how easily he has allowed Dez Bryant to take the #1 receiver role on this team.

Not that he could hold him off if he tried, but to me he never did try. He seems all too content to be the #2 guy as long as the #1 guy paycheck keeps coming in.

I would like to see more fight, more fire, more leadership, and more productivity from Miles Austin.