1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What A Complete Disaster

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CoachParcells, May 5, 2004.

1. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    shame: One that brings dishonor, disgrace, or condemnation

Actions of an individual do disgrace a group of individuals.
  2. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    It should have never happend. It did. In every war soldiers of both sides commit atrocities. It is an unfortunate thing that there are people willing to commit these acts.

There are bad doctors, police, social workers, teachers, Fire Men, and priests. Do I need to go on? That is a fact of life. Just so happens right now the spotlight is on these bad soldiers.

I still appreciate those good doctors, police, social workers, teachers, fire men and priests.

I will not let the actions of a few incriminate the rest.

Show me an organization as big as the Army who has not had bad individuals be a part of it.

I am in no way ashamed of the military.
  3. Eric_Boyer

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Well I most certainly am.

That doesn't mean I think everybody in the military is bad but the military as a whole has been dishonored.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,027 Messages
    3,239 Likes Received
    Sure actions of an individual or a few can bring disgrace on a group....but it does not mean the rest of the group is bad.

I know that I would not want to be judged by what the leader of my country may do...just because he does something does not mean I would...although like you said the actions of that individual could and sometimes do get put upon the group.

It is not fair or right to condemn or paint a picture of a whole group for the actions of a few...but right or wrong it does happen.

For the record I am not arguing with you on this matter....just adding some opinions.
  5. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about whether the U.S. military can get the job done. I don't think they can because we are losing the political battle. If you can't win the political battle, it doesn't matter how good or bad the military is.

We should cut our losses now and get out of there. I know that a lot of people hate the idea of having another Vietnam on our hands, but that's what happens when you get bad policy out of Washington. The Bush Administration screwed up big time.
  6. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    That first definition could describe you to a tee... after all, you DID say you were ashamed of yourself.

So, let me ask you this... knowing it should be a lot shorter list...

Who in this country are you NOT ashamed of?? Let me warn you though, I can just about guarantee you that every individual or group you name I will be able to find something that they have done that you should be ashamed of... something that he has done to "disgrace a group of individuals". Hey, you made your bed, now lie in it.

Oh and just so you know... you left it open as to who you were referring to when you said you were ashamed of the troops...
  7. Eric_Boyer

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    We all screwed up big time. 76% of those polled favored this campaign.

The guy Bush is running against supported this war. Dean was the only one I recall that was against it.
  8. Eric_Boyer

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    And I stand by that. I honestly thought engaging Iraq was a worthwhile cause. I'm even ashamed to admit that now.
  9. Eric_Boyer

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure you have seen me clarify it. So why do you continue to argue semantics?
  10. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received

What do you do for a living Eric?? Because as of this moment, I am ashamed of every person who also does what you do because of you... you have dishonored all of them with your comments... how's that for wrapping everyone in one ball?
  11. Eric_Boyer

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I think this is the point where somebody instructs you to leave the country.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

60,027 Messages
    3,239 Likes Received
    Sorry Irving Cowboy...but that was pretty good and funny.
  13. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a self-absorbed nation we've become.

We violate international law and the Geneva accords and some of you are worried about how that makes the military look.

We should be more worried about what the Arab world thinks and focusing on damage control. Now's not the time to worry about G.I. Joe's image.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

60,027 Messages
    3,239 Likes Received

I think now is the time you go back and read more of the thread...you might see some things that go along with what you are talking about.
  15. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    It was tongue in cheek...
  16. BrAinPaiNt

60,027 Messages
    3,239 Likes Received
    Yes...I know...I was just hoping you saw it that way too.
  17. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

A sad state of affairs to say the least but let's not compare the current c riminal activity to that of the the previous dictator ruling the country and murdering several hundred thousand people. Nonetheless, we have, no doubt, just made our job in Iraq that much more difficult. :(
  18. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That is what the nation has had since before it was known as Babylon. I refuse to believe that the Iraqis are unable to govern themselves. They desserve an opportunity to breath free air...so to speak..It will only happen when the radicals who have run the country with an 'iron fist' since its inception, are rooted out or change themselves into human rights advocates (I think we all know the latter will never happen).

We are there, the Country is devoid of leadership and so, we must take the opportunity now to help, even the Iraqis, to build a democratic government. The only thing sadder about the history of the nation would be for everyone to walk away from them now and let them fall into the hands of another brutual dictator.
  19. Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter Benched

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our illustrious leader appeared on Arab television today to condemn the actions of these soldiers.

Seems as though he left out an important detail, however.

An apology.
  20. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:rofl:

Thanks to you, NoDak Cowboy and all others fighting for freedom in the middle east and around the world. I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL.