1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What a Mock! DFW/CBS No.6

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BritishBoysfan, Apr 26, 2012.

1. BritishBoysfan

BritishBoysfan Member

41 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,711 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Could they fit in any more trades?
  3. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    this mock give JJ too much credit for creative thinking.....he ain't smart enough to pull off these trades!
  4. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

957 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    what happen to BPA?
  5. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I'm not a big fan of trading away future picks for a non 1st round quarterback. The numbers bear out that it is not worth it, especially for one not even in the 2nd round.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    In 2 of his Mocks he trades one of our current starters to move up 10-15 places in a round.

That is stupid - not smart at all!
  7. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,068 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I agree with you on the QB but the rest of the talent choosen makes sense, would love to see Hightower with a Star on his helmet and hammer in his hand.
  8. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    wasted pick on Cousins and don't like Fleener pick--why all of a sudden does everyone want 2 tight ends?
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    That would be a jumbled mess and with all the lower round trades up, you devalued the whole draft.
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Wish he would pass whatever he was smoking while doing this over to me. Must be some really good stuff to come up with all that nonsense.
  11. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    They should have stopped at 5.0.
  12. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    I think Garrett thought he was getting the two tight end attack when they picked Bennett, and all they got was a swing tackle. Instead, you get (hopefully) someone a hell of a lot better than Bennett and Witten's future replacement all in one.
  13. Z mann R2

Z mann R2 Member

398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why would chargers trade up to get Barron if they just resigned eric weddle?
  14. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Bill Jones needs to take his ADD medicine and rethink all these trades.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,285 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with it although I don't like the trade of next year's #2 that much but so be it. The trade for the TE is fantastic IMO. Fleener will be something else. I guess I haven't paid enough attention to Hightower.
  16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I wouldn't exactly call that smart trading...basically you're trading away from one of your original targets (Barron) to allow another team to grab him and all you net is a 3rd....I'd rather keep the pick and get Barron ourself
  17. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,938 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    It's way out there, but this is one if the best mocked I've seen all season.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    various thoughts.

trading spencer makes sense for me because it clears up cap space BUT if you do that you better be drafting his replacement.

**very unlikely as if you trade a franchise player you lose the right to franchise someone else the following year.

coby fleener is impressive4 but he isnt jason witten.... witten is betteet han nay TE in this draft by far. fleener is more aaron hernandez. wr skills for sure with questionable blocking ability.

hightower is very interesting but doesnt look at all like an edge player.
  19. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,316 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Quit reading after I saw Keith Tandy, we just got rid of Alan Ball we don't need another.