1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What Announcers were saying about Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,808 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    All I know is, this whole thing sucks
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Harris stood out imo.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,153 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    Losing Romo might be the best thing long term because it would expose Garrett and we could finally hire a coach that doesn't just sound like he knows what he's doing.
  4. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,575 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    5-3 with Kitna and McGee.

Craig
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    .........all that............but its Romo's fault we lost:rolleyes:

Romo was looking at the playbook and going back and forth to Garrett all night.......apparently there just wasnt a play in the book to offsett what Haslett and the skins were thowing at the Cowboys.........not a single play:eek:
  6. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

811 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    why only 1 (one) "gunslinger" QB has won the SuperBowl and he was named Farve. Romo is no Manning (either one) or Brady or Brees. He throws the bad pass for ints in meaningful situations. His style is do or die and he usually dies. Unfortunately, we do not have enough weapons to hide Romo's flaws. It's way past time to move on... RHG can catch the train with him and no collecting $200 as they leave town.:(
  7. acer941

acer941 Member

222 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That's on romo, He has to make the adjustments at the LoS to combat against the blitz. That's why he has the power to audible and change protection. Garret can't see what romo is seeing from the sideline, he only knows what the poeple on the booth tell him.
  8. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,388 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    If im Tony .. i sign with the Ravens this off season.
  9. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    As much as I hate to say it, Daniel Snyder deserves some credit for swallowing his pride, ego, and hands-on obsession with the Redskins by hiring people to run the ship for him, namely Allen and Shanahan. I wish Jerry would do the same, and it's almost humiliating to us fans that he can so brazenly brandish the label as GM as one of his numerous official positions.

Jerry needs to ****, stay away from the ******* cameras, and let the football people do their jobs. He should let his checkbook express his love and commitment for the team. The problem with him showing his c*** out every time the Boys win/lose is that it only serves to emasculate the people who can't afford to have their air of authority compromised or diminished, namely the HEAD COACH.
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I thought Collinsworth did an admirable job holding his tongue last night. You could tell the football fan in him wanted to rip Romo on the air. But as a former NFL player i thought he did his best to hold back his criticism at least publicly.
  11. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I'm saying....after all that consulting the playbook(1st qtr thru 4th), and never showing nothing new against the double MLB blitz......there apparently is nothing in Garretts book that could punish that blitz package.....or nothing that the Wr could execute dependently.........

Thats on Garrett......."his people" in the booth told him what was happening the 1st time it happened........then the skins did it again and again without major damage...apparently "his people" couldnt find anything in the playbook either...

maybe some pages dropped out on the way to the stadium:eek: ......in 7 diff playbooks?
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..................this has been building for years. I don't think he'll sign an extension and they'll then try to trade him and rebuild. Only problem is, JJ is a clueless, narcissistic old fart/has been in the league and will further implode the team. They're headed straight for the ice berg gents because Captain Jones, I mean Captain DAVIS won't give up the wheel. Sad.:mad:
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........I really think you have a point here. If we can't trade him to a contender: the Jets need a qB but they are hamstrung by money owed to Sanchez and most all other real contenders have a qB....then he truly could walk away: just like Barry Sanders did and Jim Brown: NO I'm not saying he's as good as those cats, just that he's as frustrated as they were. He has PLENTY of money......a new baby, a hot young wife to make more babies with: besides love of teammates what other reason is there to stay and put up with this clown show? gonna steal your and mind idea for a new thread sacred, but I WILL give you credit!!!!!!!!!:bow:
  14. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,895 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Remember his "they won't even remember me in five years" comments when he signed his first contact as the starter?

He doesn't need this crap.

Then the Cowboys can suck until the next franchise QB falls into their lap due in no part whatsoever to the competency of the management.
  15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    This is all that needs to be said. Snyder has surpassed Jerry as a team owner. By that I mean he has figured out to let football people run the football side of his franchise. I'd bet any thing he's still the marketeer but whens the last time we have heard any football talk out of his mouth?

Several times it was stated last night that Shanahan told Snyder how it was going to be or he wouldn't work for him. I'm guessing that isn't how the conversation went between JG and Jerry.

I think JG can build a winner, I just think his hands are tied just like 90% of the past Dallas coaches. Untill that changes we will be the same ole same ole.
  16. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I don't remember that at all.

I do remember Parcells saying they wouldn't remember him after three years.
  17. starchamber

starchamber Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he can't take the criticism, don't cash the checks...Comes with the position
  18. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Draft Tyler bray. If Foles can come in as a rookie and do well bray can with a full offseason. I'm not of the notion that we even need a (better) qb. We need a guy who can throw the ball downfield and play within himself.
  19. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I'm not sure you can say Foles did "well". Philly is not sold on him at all.
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,886 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    This is the same tired talk. We aren't in the position at the end of the year if it wasn't for Romo. Then every single time that one game is on the line, he plays his worst. He's not up for the big games at all. He's a regular season, empty, meaningless stat QB.