1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do trades always get shot down immediately here?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    ok so whenever someone purposes a trade idea it always gets shot down immediately because apparently no one likes trading on this board. what is a LEGITMIATE trade someone on here would make. I mean a serious trade, no jokes about coakley or ridicolous offers (such as a 1st for bushrod, even though I wouldn't mind trading for him but a 1st is crazy.) Ideas? Go !
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    1st off you don't see many player for player trades anymore, most will be players for draft picks. So if the Cowboys are looking to get someone it will likely be a player for picks
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Coakley, Bennett, and Choice for Clay Mathews.

Go ....
  4. Supercowboy1986

1,041 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    i didnt say it had to be player for player, what is a trade someone on here would make?! thats all i want to know.
  5. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    You will very quickly find out that there are none. This is because the board has slowly switched gears the last few years into constant attack mode. Make that group attack mode. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun you know! :rolleyes:

Heck, half the time the board goes into full attack mode before they even know the specifics. Do you know why? Because they care far less about actual specifics then they do about getting the chance to attack.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Really not sure of what teams may be shopping any particular player at this time. I'm not opposed to getting a player via trade just hard to pin point anyone player
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Why do you hate Clay Mathews?????
  8. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    A 2nd in 2013 and a 3rd in 2014 that could be a second if the player makes the pro bowl and maybe a player for TJ Ward

But the real reason why people talk down trade ideas is because trades so rarely happens in offseason in the nfl. This isn't the NBA or MLB. Most midseason trades in the nfl doesn't work anyway because the player has to learn the scheme.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,375 Likes Received
    In-season trades almost never happen in the NFL. Trading players just doesn't occur much in general.

The NFL isn't like basketball or baseball.
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I'll play. Jenkins for Mangold.
  12. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    because a lot of it ridculous. people often want too much for our player, where they also say the player is garbage. like felix, everyone wants him gone becaue he sucks. yet they say lets trade him for a 3rd rounder.

also, they often don't value draft picks and want to pay too much for other players, most of which are marginal
  13. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Why are you so worried about it? Nobody here has the power to approve your fantasy trades so it doesnt matter. Better question: why are people so butthurt about message board responces?
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    I will tell you a few reasons why.

1. Many times people here want to trade away a player they think sucks on this team for a player they think is very good on another team. In this scenario, simple logic would ask...why would another team trade a good player for our trash?

2. Following the above logic...people here often want to trade a player for a much higher return than is warranted or they want to trade for a player for much less than is warranted. They basically want to sell high and buy low and chances are they are not realistic in their trade assessment.

3. Too many people want to trade to often and they want to trade a player that is good for us and in turn make a weakness in one area to a weakness in another. For example they will say we got a Weakness at OT so we need to make a trade and propose...let's trade D.Ware for Joe Thomas. Which means you might strengthen the OT spot but in doing so you are creating a glaring weakness in the Pass Rushing department.

4. Any name that is out there is automatically seen as an improvement so they want to trade something for said player...even the players own team wants to get rid of him, other teams do not seem to be interested in him and he either has not proven to be a great player, he is always injured or he is on the downside of his career. The old saying that anyone would be better is something that has been proven to be wrong many times.

5. This is the NFL not a Madden NFL game. People often do not consider any of the ideas above and normally also do not consider cap ramifications. Trading a star player on our team for a star player on another team does have financial repercussions. Both teams usually wind up playing some money to a player that will no longer be on their team plus they wind up paying for another big contract and many times that player you traded for wants a new big fat contract.

6. NFL Owners, GMS and Coaches do not always let knee jerk reactions rule how they conduct business and there is good reason for that. They also realize they can not have a star player in every position within the cap structure.

6. There is a reason there are not a lot of trades within the NFL compared to the number of trades the fans think should happen.
  15. Supercowboy1986

1,041 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    first off love the name and picture. its hillarious. I am not worried about it, this is a message board where we have discussions about our team and the NFL but yet no one ever has any input. they are quick to say something that is stupid and try to troll but never counter or contribute with something that they think makes sense. That is why I joined this board, I wanted to talk about the cowboys with other cowboys fans. I didn't join to belittle people and troll.
  16. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    See BP's post above, its just too much fantasy--and allot of it. The post's I'm most tired of seeing are one's about trading players, signing whatever free agent just got dropped from another team, and multiple posts on the exact same subject which bring nothing extra to the convo.

The one's I have enjoyed most--analysis from people who have the 22 footage and know what they are talking about, post from people who rewtach game (I never do this) and focus on specifics, legit convos about our deficiencies and what can be done to realistically help.
  17. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's because trades simply do not happen during the season in the NFL. It's very rare for in-season trades to occur and rare for player-player trades. its usually players for picks
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    because most trades suggested would be madden in nature. for me, it gets old seeing someone in some "fans" doghouse and then watching that fan trade said doghouse player for anything he can get.

90% of the suggestions are for personal reasons and it sucks to wade through it.
  19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,847 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    In short, haven't you noticed that almost all of the trades proposed here by fans are pretty nonsensical?

e.g. A first rd pick AND Parnell for Bushrod (who by the OP's admission will soon be a FA). Yeah, right. Come on, give me a break.

Yeah, the Coakley comment is as old as it is a futile attempt at humor but I guess it serves its purpose to poke fun at the OP in a good-natured way. Sort of like the Al Davis and 'this ain't Madden' comments. At least their post count increments by one.

Now, speaking of trades: Jerry Jones really missed the chance at trading TE Bennett (for a 1st), RB Choice, and RB Felix when he had offers.
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,232 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Ding, ding, ding!