1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

what do you guys think our biggest need is?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by thssanders, Apr 22, 2009.

1. thssanders

thssanders New Member

614 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would have to go with inside linebacker. Bradie is solid but after that, losing both burnet and zach, i see it as a gaping hole. I don't really want to see carpenter in there.

Could easily see us taking a safety there too. THen maybe using the 3rd rounder for a linebacker... maybe jasper brinkley or mcrath from southern mississippi.

What do you think.
  2. rathalarge

rathalarge Active Member

1,607 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Biggest need is to take the best available player. Period!! The Tashard Choice pick in the 5th Rd. last year proved to be BIG, and paid dividends for this team towards the end of the season!!
  3. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    1. Safety. No depth and Sensabaugh on a 1 year deal.
  4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received

I think you are right, I don't think Brookings stays healthy, but more importantly I don't trust Carpenter as the nickel LBer.

I would say the 2nd most important need is a toss up between a backup interior OL (someone who could play either OG or C, to push/replace Proctor) and a DB (someone who can swing between S and CB).

If Cowboys really do let Ellis go (trade / cut) then the OLB becomes a co-priority w/ILB. Maybe even more of a priority as Spencer has not been able to stay healthy an entire season and not having depth at OLB is not good for a 3-4 defense.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,287 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Safety and its not close.Courtney brown,pat watkins and tra battle-yikes.
  6. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I disagree with the idea that safety is the biggest need. We have two (assumedly) competent players, and nothing but scrubs behind them.

Meanwhile, we have five offensive lineman with nothing but scrubs behind them.

The odds of one of our offensive linemen being injured, considering there are 5, they are older, and OL is especially conducive to injury, are substantially higher. In other words, our depth at OL WILL be tested this year, and WILL be important to the outcome of at least a couple games.

To me, at least, that says that OL depth is our biggest need.
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  8. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeppers
  9. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker