1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do you think of Cole Beasley?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,336 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I like the kid. I would love to see him add some serious beef this off-season, though.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,095 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    I think he is a young talented player who saw limited playing time. As for size he is not the 1st or last guys who people claimed was too small. We will just see how he holds up
  3. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

826 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    not a fan, and I don't understand why so many are high on him.
  4. Zimmy Lives

5,336 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Hey, I went to school/played ball with Gerald McNeil and he was no bigger than a Smurf. I think he did okay in the NFL.
  5. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    There are a host of players today and former players who were told they were to small, not fast enough and some even in the HOF.

Heck Wes Welker was UDFA who people claimed was too small and too slow, not many people claiming that now

I don't know what Cole will do in the NFL but I know he has very good quickness and has shown very good hands. Time will tell how he is able to hold up to the rigors of the NFL
  6. Zimmy Lives

5,336 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I agree. The kid has something the Cowboys can at least nurture. Get him in the weight room and see if he can put on some beef.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,979 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    He WAS tiny.

I'm not sure he ever had an NFL reception either.

And although he was a serviceable return man, he never had a season as good as Harris did this year.
    Ice Cube was fun to watch, but I'm not sure he was a great success.

McNeil ran a 4.35, so he had real wheels.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,301 Messages
    3,088 Likes Received
    The problem is that Welker outweighed Beasley by 20 lbs at draft time.
  9. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    Until Miles Austin is off this team, he is the fourth receiver barring injury. He played good enough to challenge for that next year.

Hopefully Danny Coale comes back from his litany of injuries next year and they make that fourth spot a hard decision for the coaches.
  10. DFWJC

21,979 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    2-3 inches taller too.

I still would like to see what he could do. More out of curiousity than anything.
    We talk about opportunities, but in his limited time at least two of his targets resulted in interceptions. Careful what we wish for.
  11. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    And again many players have been called to small yet manage to beat the odds. I don't know if Cole will or will not but I don't think any of his critics can say for sure he can't do the job.

Thus far he has shown he can do the job in limited action in terms of durability only time will tell.
  12. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I think he can have a niche role in the offense out of the slot to help move the chains on 3rd down.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,043 Messages
    204 Likes Received

I agree with this. At best right now, he's a guy you use in 4/5 WR sets where you're able to dictate a favorable matchup or coverage for him. I like him but i think we definitely need to add talent to the WR corps especially if Miles and/or Ogletree are let go.
  14. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

744 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    he's too small and doesn't have the fortitude to overcome that
  15. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    If we keep cole beasley we also have to keep his older twin brother alex albright :lmao2:
  16. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Don't have a problem getting rid of Smiles and Otree, but Harris and Beasley aren't going to take their place.
  17. DFWJC

21,979 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    I picture Beasley going over the middle vs Seattle and having his life ended
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,838 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    This....
  19. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's a little small, which means you have to throw the ball lower to him over the line, which means balls thrown to him are at higher risk of being intercepted. That's not to say short guys can't play, but I'll take Dwayne Harris in the slot over Beasly. With that said, I still like Beasley.
  20. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    im not that crazy about Beasley or Dunbar!!