1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What does McCain and/or Obama need to from now until election day?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Wheat, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For each guy to win this thing. What do you guys think they need to do from here on out?

For Obama. I think he needs to keep putting out the ads that start with "McCain is going to try scaring you" in a small blurb. Then start talking about what he is FOR without mentioning McCain again. If he does that and McCain stays his current route. Its only going to make folks realize "Hey, McCain is doing exactly what Obama said".

For McCain. He needs to realize this probably will happen.....and start going for a huge broad positive message between now and the end. I'm not saying he should ignore Obama. But for every thing he bashes Obama on, he needs to list a bunch of things he would do. It clear that the negative thing isn't working....and Palin has over 50% when it comes to unfavorables. Keep her off of TV and only with the more red meat GOPers. She isn't helping anymore.

Anybody else have suggestions?
  2. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

4,729 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Obama can really fall into a prevent defense... no gaffes or October surprises, and he should be safe. I am very curious to see what effect his half hour of national airtime (this Wednesday, I believe) has on the electorate.

As for McCain... he's like a head coach down by 17 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. At this point, there is no strategy to win the game.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it may be too late for McCain, even though I predicted he would win a long time ago.

John McCain has to get his staff under controll and stop all the leaks and infighting.

He also needs to make sure he stays on message, which is something he struggled with throughout the campaign.

If I were advising McCain I would tell him:

1) Keep harping on the lack of experience Obama has

2) Keep harping on the fact that you fought for this country, was a POW and how you had a record of working with Democrats

3) Keep harping on the dangers of having a Democrat in the White House as well as a Democrat Congress

4) Keep hammering away at your foreign policy experience

5) Keep talking about the Economy and how you will cut the Captial Gains Tax

If I were advising Obama I would tell him:
    1) Keep harping on the fact that Bush and McCain are Republicans and McCain voted with Bush on several occasions

2) Keep talking about the Economy
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow! Zone Supporter

9,503 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking. Obama just needs to not screw it up and it will be fine. He needs to shove Biden in his basement and lock it.
  5. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i think this late people are tired of hearing "the other guy sucks" so i would
    say both need to focus on what they are gonna do......unless the other guy
    specifically attacks them on something, then they need to respond fast and
    hard.
    i would also say obama needs to ignore the numbers from the polls while mccain should use those numbers to decide where he needs to fight hardest.
    and as i have said all along.......in texas it dont matter cuz mccain is gonna win here.
  6. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,350 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    McCain needs Obama to be caught in bed with a male Taliban prostitute.

Stranger things have happened, I suppose.
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,841 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    I agree re Obama. He only has to fight complacency and ensure his voters get out. Don't rip on Sarah, don't put McCain down, just stay the course.

McCain has to try to keep a stiff upper lip and hope his supporters don't give up. He also has to hope that deep down the US won't vote for a black man with an Arabic sounding name.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,092 Messages
    3,305 Likes Received
    What Obama needs: No gaffes, by either him or Biden. Thats about it.

What McCain needs...........A FREAKING MIRACLE!!!!!